Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

It's so hard to believe that this baby boy, born 5 years ago........


Was off to Kindergarten today!!! The baby years for my sweet boy are long gone. I had an idea that these 5 years would fly by, but I really had NO IDEA just how fast. We have made lots of memories and I am so thankful that I was able to stay home with him! Words can't express just how blessed we have been to have this precious boy as our first! He taught me how to be a mom and I am so proud of the little man he has become.


Jackson was so excited to be going to Kindergarten. He was up early and talking non-stop about school. For some reason, he thought waking up and going to big boy school, meant he was going to be 6 when he woke up. He was a little disappointed that he was not 6, but he got over it quick, as we started talking about big boy school!

We could not get to school fast enough for Jackson. He jumped out the car as fast as he could to get to his class. My little man has moved on from preschool, where everyone knew his name, to a big school where he is just another face in the crowd.


My Big Boy! 
  First day of school on the Kindergarten hall. He is so proud!
 Jackson with his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Jumper! 
Happy First Day of Kindergarten sweet boy! 
 He had a "Purrrfect" Day! :-)

I am so proud of my big boy, but I was a hot mess today! It is so hard letting him go.


I wonder what you are doing right now
And if everyone is treating you kind
I hope there is a special person, 
A nice friend you can find

I wonder if the teacher know 
just how special you are to me
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see

I wonder if you are thinking about me 
And if you need a hug
I already miss the sound of your voice 
And how you give my leg a tug

I wonder if you could possible understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow
On this day know that my heart breaks
For this is the first step in letting my baby grow

No comments: