Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Locks of Love

I love, love, love these girls!!! What I love most is that they realize why they were cutting their hair. I can't express enough how much it means that these sweet girls have this memory together for such a good cause.
I decided last minute to donate to locks of love instead of Pantene. My plan was to donate to Pantene at first because they do not charge for their wigs. However, after realizing Savannah had 10 inches to donate, I figured this may be the only time I can stand letting it grow that long. Locks of Love requites that you have 10 inches to donate and Pantene only requires 8 inches. I feel sure we will be donation to Pantene a few times in the future, so I went with Locks of Love this time.

I can't believe all this hair is gone!!! I was afraid I would chicken out, and I'm pretty sure my Mom thought so, too! :-) If Savannah did not know what she was doing, I just may have chickened out. However, my sweet girl told everybody that she was cutting her hair to give to a sick girl that did not have hair. There was no turning back at that point. She's already ready to grow it back and give it to another sick girl. It just makes heart smile REALLY big!!
 
Of course, she could not sit still long enough to make sure Mrs. Kelly had the ponytail just right. Aunt Jenifer had to step in and help. 
 
Oh my!! I'm still in shock!!!! 10 inches!!!!! 
 
She's still beautiful!!! 
 
Now, the princess gets her nails done! 
 
Love her and her sweet heart! 
 
Haley's turn!! This sweet girl is donating for the second time!
Kendall's turn!
 

Look at those cute little bobs on those cute girls! 

The girls with 26 inches of hair in hand ready to donate! I am so proud of them! They are my heart!  I feel so blessed to have these girls in my life! I could not imagine life without them. I am thankful for the relationship they have and can only pray it continues for life!
Wow! What a beautiful wig this would make! :-)
 

No comments: