Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Garden City Beach Vacation 2010

We had a awesome week at the beach! This year was by far my favorite family vacation yet. It was so relaxing and fun! The weather was awesome! We could not have asked for better weather(minus the one day it rained during the day). We had a great time with Grandma, Papa, Uncle Kevin, Aunt Jennifer and the girls! I hope that we can make this a tradition! :-) I have so many pictures to share, but I will try to only put my favorites in this post and add all the others to their Picasso pictures.

Jason, Savannah, and Jackson in the tunnel at the aquarium.



We stayed at Aunt Jennifer's family's beach house and it is so nice! Its a four bedroom beach house across the street from the beach. However, there is no house on the beach front, so we basically had beachfront. It was nice to sit on the porch and watch and listen to the waves. So peaceful!! Here are a few of my favorite pictures around the house....



Jackson and Papa watching Gamecock baseball late one night in Omaha! Way to go gamecocks! So proud to be a gamecock!! National Champions!! :-) Savannah loved reading this book with Papa! This book and Good Night Moon are by far her favorite books! She loved it when Papa made the "Mooo" sound for the cow.
Jackson and Grandma putting together his puzzle.

Savannah eating her snack. She loves her goldfish!






I was really looking forward to spending the week on the beach with Savannah. She wasn't old enough last year to enjoy it. She has been so timid with the water this year, but recently gotten more brave, so I was very anxious to see how she would do. She absolutely LOVED the sand and as the week went on, she got braver in the water. She would run in, get on her hands and knees, and splash. The first part of the week, she was not having the waves coming after her. Here are a few(alot) of my favorite pictures of Savannah from the week! Sorry, I could not narrow it down.


First day we got there, I took the kids down to see the beach. After unpacking and going to the grocery store, we didn't have enough time before dinner to go on the beach. So, while Jason was getting dinner together, the kids and I went for a little walk. As you can see, she loved the sand. She was so cute sitting there playing in the sand and giggling!

So stinkin cute!! I love her!



Could not get enough of the sand!

She loved climbing in and out of the hole I dug for them.

One of my VERY favorite pictures!

Later in the week when she began to like the water...



Savannah LOVED carrying the buckets like they were a purse.


Love her in this bubble swimsuit! It takes me back to the days when Haley and Kendall wore it! Our girls are growing up way too fast!

So sweet! Too bad she didn't have her bucket with her name on it!




I was really looking forward to the beach with Jackson this year because I knew without a doubt he was going to have a blast! He is such a fish and was sure to prove that at the beach. We had other families in disbelief the first day we were out there. He was walking out into the waves, getting knocked down and coming right back up by himself. He did this over and over! I think one of the families there thought we were neglecting him at first because he was seriously acting like he was a teenager in the water. I love that he is this way! He just may be the next Michael Phelps! Ha! Jackson's favorites this year by far were getting knocked over by the waves and riding the waves on his boogie board. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Jackson from the trip...

First day I took Jackson and Savannah out on the beach to walk...yes, you got it! Jackson could not resist! Such a water boy!
This was so funny! He was trying to be like the big boys and stand on the boogie board while riding the waves.

My two favorite boys!(ok..I'm missing my Daddy in this picture) They had so much fun in the ocean! Silly boys!

Love this boy so much!!

First full beach day....on the beach with Grandma and Papa.
Jackson met Gavin one day on the beach and they were great buddies. They had alot of fun together.
Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Kevin, Haley, and Kendall came down for half the week! We were so happy that this worked out! We had a great time with them. Jackson and Savannah were happy to have their cousins there to play with them. Jackson woke up every morning saying "It's today, Mommy! Haley's coming today!" He was so excited about having a sleepover again. He looks forward to his spend the nights with Haley. He loves not having to sleep by himself and of course Haley is his buddy! Savannah and Kendall had a great time playing in the sand together and fighting over cups, books, and toys. :-) Here are some of my favorite pictures of the cousins....

My sweet babies...Such precious memories! I loved that Kendall got her chair and took it to the water! She really enjoyed kicking her feet in the water. Jackson and Haley watching the Jungle book Savannah loves her Aunt Jennifer! I think she wanted Aunt Jennifer more than me this particular day. :-) Aunt Jennifer with Savannah and Kendall Aunt Jennifer had cotton candy and goldfish for the kids snack on the beach. You think she was their favorite?? I love these kids!



Haley on the Putt Putt course....Of course, with her gummies!

Kendall Jane and Savannah Jane were troopers. Actually, they were lucky! They didn't have to drag everything to the beach. :-)

The "cool thing" for the year...Riding the waves on the boogie boards. They loved it!
Another one of my VERY favorite pictures! Soo sweet! Aunt Jennifer pulling Jackson back after one of the many times he drifted down the shore. Cute girls playing in the sand(another favorite :-)
The 4 of them playing on the beach.


I bought the girls fairy outfits with fairy wings. I have to say they were just presh!! However, because I bought them while we were at the beach, I did not have any "boy" dress up clothes with us. You guessed it...Jackson wanted to be a part of the dressing up, so I let him wear the fairy wings. He kept saying he was a butterfly, so I thought that was fine. However, Jason was not too happy about it. He told me that was just wrong! Boys play dress up too, right?! I promise I didn't scar him! After returning home, he went right back to dressing up like a cowboy and wanting Savannah to dress up like tinkerbell.

Fairy Haley and Jackson with his buttlerfly wings

Trying to get a picture of them all was almost impossible! Hopefully, Aunt Jennifer got a better picture of them together.
Love this girl! Kendall had so much fun putting her fairy outfit on and taking it off. She loves to play dress up!
So Presh!! Beautiful!


We had so much fun! So sad it's over.

No comments: