Has it really been two years since we were blessed with our sweet baby boy? He is growing up so fast!! It has been so much fun watching him grow into a Toddler. He has the best personality I could want in a son. He is such a joy to have! It is hard to believe that he is now 2! Wow! Where did the last two years go? He has certainly kept me busy. I would not change it for anything. We are blessed with him more and more everyday. It breaks my hear that he is so sick and can't enjoy his big day. Thankfully, his party is this coming Saturday and will have a day full of fun to make up for today.
Dear Sweet Jackson,
You turn 2 years old today! It seems like just yesterday we were watching you try to crawl across the floor. I will never forget it!! Each step of your life is such a blessing. Please slow down so we can enjoy your toddler years. Your baby years went by way to fast!! However, Mommy and Daddy love this age!! We never know what to expect next. You are a little sponge. You show Mommy and Daddy just how smart you are everyday. You amaze Daddy so much! I see so much being home with you everyday. I forget to tell Daddy some things and when you do them for Daddy, he is shocked. For instance, you have been using a napkin for awhile now and wiping your own face. Last week, you ask Daddy for his napkin and wiped your face. The smile and shock on Daddy’s face was priceless. I did not realize you had not yet done that for Daddy.
You are mastering your counting! You love to show off and count for us. You can count to 5 really well. You can count to 10, but sometimes you get them out of order. You will say 1,2,3,4,5,8,6,7 and only occasionally will you go to 10. You are getting better and better at this everyday. We are so proud of you!
As for colors, I am having a harder time with that one. You want everything to be red. :-) You really surprised me in the grocery store this past week. When we go to the grocery store, you always get a cookie while mommy is shopping and when we leave you get a balloon. As we were checking out, you pointed at the balloon and said “Mommy, I want orange balloon”. They only had one balloon at that register and it was orange. I was so proud of you! It may have been a coincidence, but Mommy really doesn’t think so. I only say this because you always tell me everything is red.
I love it when I put you down at night. This is one of my favorite quality times with you. We read, pray, sing, and sometimes just chat. You love for me to read Good Night Moon to you. It is your favorite bedtime book. You have memorized the book now, and before I read the next page, you have already finished reading it to me. It is the cutest thing ever! You make mommy laugh. You think it’s funny, too. You get real giddy as you do this. Guess how much I love you is another bedtime favorite or as you would say “brown brown”. I love you to the moon and back baby boy! I love that you repeat everything after me when we say our good nights. You are so sweet and it’s so hard for me to leave you and close the door. I just want to lay with you and cuddle.
Another favorite is hearing your precious little feet coming down the hall, into the living room, and into mommy and daddy’s room in the mornings. You have been sleeping in your big boy bed for 4 months. You would not get out of bed until mommy came to get you. When you woke up, you would call for mommy or I would hear talking. When I walked in, I would find you reading your books in bed. I guess those bedrails made you feel like you were still in your crib. However, two weeks ago, you discovered that you can get down out of your bed all by yourself. Hmmmm, did you know you were about to turn two and it was time to start acting like a big boy??
You have such a good sense of humor. You love to make us laugh. If you get a laugh out of us, you will do whatever you are doing over and over to keep us laughing. Your little dance is priceless. You definitely get your moves from your mommy and daddy. You will have to go to your Aunt Ashley for dance lessons. "Where’s Jackson" is still one of your favorite games to play.
Your favorite TV show is the Wiggles. You could watch them all day if we let you. You also love your bumble bee shows too! You prefer those over anything.
You are such a great big brother! You have amazed us at how well you have accepted you baby sister. You are so sweet with her. You have to be close to her all the time. My favorite thing you do is when we are riding down the road. You must have your hand on her hand or arm. It is so sweet! If Savannah is in her bouncy seat when you are watching wiggles, you always go sit on the floor beside her and hold her arm. I just love to see it! It melts my heart. You are such a sweet boy!
Happy Birthday, Jackson! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!! You are so precious to us!! As I post this for you I cry tears of joy to think about how much I love you. God has blessed us beyond measures!
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
1 comment:
Yes Jackson your Aunt Ashley has tried to teach you some things but you still have your mommy and daddy in you but im working on it. Your mommy is right you are so smart and your always surprising us. Im sure that you will continue to do this as you get older. I love you!
Post a Comment