Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jackson is going to Preschool

Two weeks ago, I was standing in line at 5am to register Jackson for 2 year old preschool. I was number 6 in line. By the time they started the registration, there were 28 people in line. After I enrolled Jackson, there were only 3 spots left in his class. I have heard that in the past, there were people in line at 4am. I thought I was nuts to be there at 5am!! It's crazy what we as parents will do for our children. It was well worth it. I wanted to get Jackson into a great preschool program and now he is!! Yeah!! While I am excited that I got him in, I am very sad that he will be going. I have cried many tears thinking about it. I can't imagine how I will be when I actually drop him off that first day. It is going to break my heart!!! I do not want my baby boy to grow up. It was a hard decison for me. I really did not want him to start until he was 3 years old. However, I had to make the decsion to start him at 2 1/2 years or 3 1/2 years. I really did not want him to be almost 4 when he started, so I went with this year. He will start in August. I am not looking forward to that day. He will only be going to two days a week, but I am just not ready for that. He will be in class with several of his little friends, so I hope this will help him in staying and not making a scene. God knows, I could not handle that!! I am going to be that mother sitting in the parking lot checking on him every 5 minutes. I know it will be good for me to have that one on one time with Savannah while he is in school. That's the way I am going to try to handle it and hopefully it will be easier. :-)

Here are a few pictures of us crazy moms who were there at 5am!



2 comments:

Meredee's mom said...

Yeah!! I was in your shoes this time last year and now I am so thankful we have a spot in that program. Meredith has LOVED it and she will be in a 2 day class for 3's next year so I am sure you will see me around!! You are going to be so happy...it is the BEST!!! Worth the early wait (we got the next to last spot last year)

Stacey said...

I have heard from so many what a great program it is and how much their kids loved it. I did not realize Meredith was there too. I guess I will be seeing you around. Maybe, we can do breakfast one moring.