Friday, June 26, 2009

Lake Jocassee Vacation

We had a wonderful vacation at lake Jocassee! Jason, the kids, and I were there from Monday to Sunday and I would love to say it was relaxing. Ha! We had so much fun there with the kids, but it was exhausting as could be expected on a trip like this. We stayed in a cute little villa and went out on the boat everyday! Grandma and Papa were there until Wednesday and the Huffstetlers came on Wednesday and stayed through Sunday. The Lake is beautiful!! What else could you want...water, mountains, and waterfalls!! Absolutely beautiful!! We always enjoy going out on Lake Jocassee. However, I think that was our last trip until the kids are a little bit older. They kept us very busy! Jackson had the best time and Savannah did great!! Jackson loved having Grandma and Papa there and was so excited when his friend Ava arrived! I was a little concerned about sleeping with two toddlers and two babies in the same cabin, but it went a lot better than expected! Jackson came down with a 102.9temp on Thursday and was a bit puny. He seemed to be fine the rest of the trip. However, on Monday, after we got home, he started with GI problems and hasn't shaken that yet. Daddy treated us very good by cooking dinner every night! As you can imagine, I was very happy about that. That was vacation for me. :-) It was a fun filled trip with family, friends, water, and good food! I have posted some of my favorite pictures below, but there are a lot more pictures under our Lake Jocassee album.

Jackson LOVED finding rocks and throwing them in the water. He could have thrown rock for hours!!
Love this picture!! Looking for rocks to throw in the water....
Jackson and Ava walking to the boat together...So Sweet!
Long Day! :-) We were getting dinner ready and Miss Savannah decided to take a little nap. She was exhausted!!
Savannah and Reece hanging out while the toddlers play on the beach. The babies did great while we were out on the boat or in the water.
She is already a Daddy's Girl! She loves her Daddy!
Playing in the sand... Getting her feet wet...
Just Beautiful!

A family photo...Jackson did so well to not be feeling good.
Fun times in the water with Daddy!
Loving the rocks and water...
This is the day Jackson had the 102.9 temp. I felt so bad for having him out on the boat all day. We all thought he was just exhausted after being on the boat. He went to sleep in my lap, so we decided to let him nap on the boat that day. He told me he wanted to sit in my lap and then asked for my glasses. Little did I know, he was running a temp. Poor little guy! Thank goodness he was back to normal the next day.
Friends....
Another Water Baby....
Just hanging out..
Tire Swing fun

No comments: