Tuesday, June 30, 2009

7 Months Old

I know I did a 6 ½ month post not too long ago, but I want to get back on track with the monthly post for Savannah. Savannah has come a little ways since I did the post two weeks ago. She was not sitting at all two weeks ago, but shortly after the last post, she has started sitting some. I still can’t leave her and walk away yet, but I know that time is coming soon enough. She also started getting on her hands and knees two weeks ago. I think it’s crazy that she did that before she could even sit. However, she is trying to go from the hands and knees postion to sitting up. It’s funny to watch her do this because Jackson did not crawl on his hands and knees until he was 12 months old. He army crawled from 10 to 12 months old. I just love watching Savannah because it is new to me. It is so exciting!! I wonder how long she will rock before she actually crawls?? Jackson and Savannah are so different in their milestones, so I feel like it is all new again. Savannah's first tooth broke the skin this past weekend, Finally!! I have seen those shiners underneath for about two months now. I could not feel them, but I could certainly see them. Savannah also said her first word last week. I bet you would never guess what it was?? You got it...dadadada! I know she doesn't really know what she is saying, but she is a Daddy's girl. She loves her Daddy. She follows him all around the room and stops what she's doing when he walks in a room. Yes, I am a little bit jealous! :-)
I often wondered when I was pregnant how I could love my second child as much as I love Jackson. Savannah has grabbed a hold of my heart just as Jackson has. There is plenty of love for them both from this little Mommy! My ring tone on my phone is Darius Rucker, "It won't be like this for long". I get chills, teary eyed, or just flat out cry every time I hear it. I can't believe my sweet baby girl is already 7 months old!! I was just laying in the hospital bed holding her for the first time with tears running down my face! How can she already be 7 months old?? I am so blessed to have two healthy, beautiful babies!
Happy 7 months Savannah! Mommy, Daddy, and Jackson love you so much!

No comments: