Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy 8 Months Savannah!

I can't believe my sweet Savannah is already 8 months old!! Where does the time go?? I am trying to keep her a baby as long as I can. It's so funny because my dad mentioned last weekend about letting her try mashed potatoes. I said "No, she is too young". However, I look back at Jackson when he was 8 months old and he had just tried his first taste of mashed potatoes. I am not ready for her to get past the baby phase just yet. She is my baby girl!!

Savannah is very busy these days. She can't be still for any amount of time. She absolutely LOVES to bounce. She tries to bounce on anyone that holds her like she does in her jump-a-roo, which she LOVES! She cracks me up when I try to change her diaper. I have to keep saying No No No, which she thinks is very funny. She immediately tries to turn over when you attempt to change her diaper. I might add that she is very strong. It's a battle to change that little turkey's diaper.
Savannah continues to have the loudest cry ever! She doesn't cry much, but when she does...Oh my goodness!! My mom says she's going to be one of those little girls with a very loud voice. I sure hope not! :-)
Savannah has her two bottom teeth now. I think we are going to have a biter with her. She is quick to bite. I know she is having alot of pain with her teething. This is different for me from when Jackson was teething. I never knew when Jackson was teething, but it is very obvious with Savannah. She doesn't do well with the pain at all. It makes me very sad for her!
I love to see Jackson interact with Savannah. She loves her brother to death. He really knows how to get a giggle out of her. I catch myself watching them and giggling myself. Its so sweet to see them play together. I know they will make great buddies one day. I am so glad they are close in age and hopefully will keep each other company and play very well together in the next couple years.
Savannah is sitting very well now. I love being able to leave her sitting there to play while I am getting something done and know I will find her in the same postion when I return. :-) I just have to watch to be sure Jackson doesn't get to rough with her. He still doesn't understand what too rough is and we all know Jackson loves to play rough. She hasn't quite got the hang of getting to a sitting position from lying down yet, but she is very close. She knows how to position her leg to get to the sitting position, but hasn't pushed up completely to sitting. I feel sure by next week, she will be there. She still continues to rock on her hands and knees, but hasn't took that plunge yet.
We love you Baby Girl! Happy 8 months!

1 comment:

The Jacksons said...

Love that pic! maybe we can get the two together and they can bite each other. Ty has already left 2 bruises on me and left some nice teeth marks last night. oh boy. and maybe Savannah can teach him how to sit up and to crawl....he just doesnt want to do it. hope to see you soon.