Jackson had his first date with Mommy two weeks ago. Daddy had a meeting after work and Savannah spent the afternoon with Nannie and Papa. Jason called to let me know he would be late getting home. I heard a commercial on the radio for Thoma the train Live on Stage shortly after his call and I could not pass up the opportunity to take my little man. We had a great time! This is by far the best time Jackson had watching anything at the Colonial Center. He was so excited! He kept saying "Mommy, you excited?". It was so cute!! He talked about the show the entire time! He named all the trains as they came out, but got especially excited about Thomas and Gordon! He would yell, "you see Thomas, mommy" or "Wook, Mommy, it's Gordon". They really put on a great show! It was titled the Circus comes to town. Jackson really got into the show. He danced and sang alot of the songs. He especially loved to do the chug-a-chuga-Whooo song! Jackson has loved trains since he was about a year and half. He could hear a train coming before we did. I really hate that Jason missed this, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to spend this alone time with him. He talked about it all the way to Nannie and Papa's. We got home close to 10pm and he was still not asleep. He really had a great time!!
Jackson was sick this week with the GI bug and had nothing but the BRAT diet. I treated him to a piece of chicken, which he requested. As you can see, he was SO excited to have a chicken nugget.
He was even more excited about his cotton candy!! That bag is as big as he is. Don't worry, he had some left over that he finished the next day(and of course mommy had her share :-).jpg)
You would never know he was into the show, would you? :-) He sat on my lap for some of the show, but for the most part, this is how he watched Thomas. He was too excited to sit down.
During the intermission, we went out on the concourse and got a souvenir. Jackson loves his Thomas light! He was so sweet about it, too. He kept saying "tank you for my light, mommy"..jpg)
After the show was over, Jackson saw the water and said "Mommy, I want to say cheese". The story behind this goes like this..We took pictures of all the kids in front of the fountain when we went to see Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Now, every time we go to the colonial center, Jackson wants to go sit in front of the fountain and take a picture. Isn't he a cutie Pie!
Jackson, Mommy had so much fun on our little date! I will never forget it! I love you sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment