We had a wonderful family vacation in Garden City! I could not have asked for better help with the kids. We all were able to enjoy ourselves! Jackson absolutely loved the beach! He could not get enough of it! The first day we got there and took him on the beach was priceless! I would have loved to have had my video camera with me. I thought we would just go out for a little while and come back. Jackson saw the water and immediately ran into it laughing and screaming. These are the precious memories I will never forget. He loved the beach last year, but this year was so much more fun! Papa and Grandma commented every time we came off the beach how dark Jackson was getting and how white his little hiney was! There is no doubt the boy has my skin tone. He tanned just like I do with 50 spf! It's crazy!
Here are a few pictures of Jackson's first day on the beach....
.jpg)
Silly boy could not get enough of the water
He loved playing in the sand just as much!.jpg)
We had our family reunion the first Sunday we were there. We always enjoy spending time with cousins, Aunt, and Uncles. Jackson and Savannah got a lot of attention from their cousins! Jackson usually takes a little bit to warm up to all the attention, but then he's fine and loves them! Savannah was like a baby doll and was passed from cousin to cousin to Aunt and Uncles to Grandma and Papa. She did very well and enjoyed all the attention as well.
Here is a picture of our immediate family. Uncle Kevin, Haley, and Kendall were not able to come down until Tuesday night, so we are missing them in this photo. Aunt Jennifer had to work and wasn't able to make it and we missed her very much! I will post all the other family pictures on the monthly pictures.
Abigail and Olivia Grace feeding Savannah
Olivia and Jackson had so much fun on the beach together! .jpg)
Another favorite picture..Jackson loved having his cousins to play with.
This is my favorite picture from the whole trip...Look at that face! He is my child! Jackson was so excited about his cake and cookies! :-).jpg)
We all played putt putt one day and had a great time. However, it was VERY hot. We were happy to have chosen a indoor outdoor place. Savannah was so good for us and let us play while we strolled her around and carried her up and down stairs. Jackson absolutely LOVED playing. It was the first time we have taken him and we will plan many more for him. He was so funny when he putted the ball in the hole. He would hold his club up in the air and yell "Yeah" It was so cute!
Savannah wanted to get in on the fun, too! She tried so hard to get my club out the stroller.
Jackson was excited to see Papa get the ball in the hole! You would have thought Jackson just made a hole in one! :-)
Playing Putt Putt with Papa
Jackson's famous pose for "I did it"..jpg)
We went to the water park one day with Haley, Jackson and some other cousins. Everyone enjoyed themselves! We give Papa and Grandma a lot of thanks for keeping Savannah and Kendall so we could do this. Haley and Jackson both had a great time! Of course they had to stay in the kiddie area while all the others went on the big water slides. The two of them could not get enough! I have a very cute video of them on a water slide that they spent an hour on. I will do a separate post with it for you all to see.
Jackson and Daddy getting soaked and loving it! .jpg)
Jackson loved the slide!
Jackson and Haley climbing up the stairs to slide down the water slide. .jpg)
Jackson and Savannah enjoyed the rest of the week at our beach house with Uncle Allen, Bailey, Carson, Grandma, Papa, Uncle Kevin, Haley and Kendall. We also had daily visits from other family that were there staying in other cabins at the beach. Bailey and Erica(older cousins) changed their first poo poo diaper and Jackson was not nice to them. It was hilarious! I got it on video and can't wait to show them when they have children of their own. :-) Carson, Bailey, and Erica, along with Grandma and Papa were a BIG help with Jackson and Savannah.
Playtime in our beach house..Haley loved playing with Savannah, but her over-protective brother kept trying to take her away. He has become very protective of her. When someone tries to play with her, he either says "I take her" or "she wants mommy". It's so funny, but I keep telling him that she likes it when others play with her, and she doesn't always want mommy. :-)
Our happy little girl! Savannah did master the sitting from lying position while we were are the beach. In fact, she started doing it the Monday after we got there for Grandma and Papa. Of course, she would not do it for her mommy who spends the most time with her. She also started living up to her "Miss Priss". She acted like she was going to crawl, but instead propped her hand on her hip and just smiled. We laughed at her so much and Papa really got a kick out of it. I feel sure we are only days away from her crawling. Since we have been back, she moving her hand forward twice but doesn't go beyond that. She gets where she wants to go, even if its something across the room. Somehow, she maneuvers her body across the room and its not by rolling.
I LOVE that Jackson, Savannah, Haley and Kendall are so close in age. They really enjoy playing together!
Savannah's first bath with her cousin. I'm sure there will be many many more. Kendall was really good in the tub with her. They played with a cup together, only Savannah kept trying to drink out of it..jpg)
Now for some beach pictures of the kids....
My sweet babies....
Savannah loved the sand! It was all I could do to keep her from eating it!
Sweet Girl!
Love this baby girl!
Jackson and Haley had so much fun playing together on the beach!
Sweet! I love these kids!
Sweet picture of the kids with their Daddy's
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these girls!
Our handsome little man!
Our Pretty Little Princess!
No comments:
Post a Comment