Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy 9 Months Savannah!

Our Little Fairy Princess!

Savannah's 9 month birthday was not so happy for her! Savannah has been throwing up since Saturday and had become dehydrated. We spent Monday morning in the pediatrician's office trying to get an IV going. This had to be the worst experience for me so far with my kids! They took Savannah from me and into another room, which happen to be the room next to me. I have never felt so helpless!! Here I sit listening to her cry her little heart out and all I could do is imagine the pain she must have been having! I just wanted to hold and love on her so bad. I just sat there and cried. I couldn't take it any longer. I got up and walked to the room that she was in. They had gotten the IV in her little hand, but could not get the fluids to run. They tried for an hour with no luck. She kept looking at me with those sad eyes! It just broke my heart! We decided to come back home to try and hydrate her, rather than admit her to the hospital. I was able to get her to hold some fluid and hydrate her, so thankfully we did not have to admit her. However, we are on day 5 of her throwing up and she now has gastroparesis. If she continues to throw up, we will have to admit her to give her little belly a break. She has been so weak!! She has continued to lay on me for 4 straight days. She has only taken 3 naps in her crib. She seems to only find comfort in being in my arms. However, at times, that will not even provide her comfort. A big thanks for Grandma and Papa for helping us out with Jackson. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and father in law!! We miss him so much, but I know he is having so much fun with them. I would not be able to do a whole lot with him with Savannah laying on me all day.
Prior to this week, Savannah was doing so well. She is all over the place!! She started crawling the Thursday we go back from the beach! She loves to follow Jackson everywhere. She wants to be in the middle of everything he is doing. She is his little shadow. It is the sweetest thing ever to see them playing together. I have caught Jackson several times coaching her to come somewhere she is not supposed to be. He is a sneaky little boy! :-) Savannah has been attempting to pull up on her crib and the couch. I'm sure this bug that she has is going to put her behind on that, but we will see. She is a determined little girl, so she may surprise us and get her strength back quickly!
I have missed her little giggle and babbling these past 5 days. She loves to play patty cake! For whatever reason, that will get her going! I must say Jackson can make her giggle more than any of us, though. She loves him!! Jackson loves that she follows him and plays with him, but sharing is becoming a harder task to teach. Jackson has quickly learned that she doesn't try to take toys back and thinks it's ok to give her a new toy so he can take whatever she is playing with. I told you he is a sneaky little boy. :-)
Savannah is now on formula full time. I started supplementing while we were at the beach so I could have some breaks. It decreased my supply some, and I felt like she wasn't getting enough when we got back home. I continued to nurse her morning and night for a week and then decided to stop altogether. I have to say I miss it SO much! I thought about it for a week and a half and decided that I wanted to start back nursing morning and night. I tried it again just as Savannah got sick and it may have been that she was not feeling well, but she wasn't interested. She just wanted to teeth on me when she realized she wasn't getting her milk as fast as she got it in her bottle. I think it's best that it happened this way considering she hasn't had her milk since Saturday morning. I did not do well with pumping and there's no way I would have kept up with it this week with her being sick.
***Update on Savannah(8/29).....Our little fairy princess is finally back to herself!! Savannah got her color and strength back yesterday! We were so happy to get lots of smiles from her. Grandma and Papa kept her, while Mrs. Andrea had Jackson for me to get my hair done. They could not believe the difference in her from just the day before when I picked Jackson up. Today, Savannah is back to normal...following Jackson around EVERYWHERE, smiling, talking, giggling, and eating! She will have to build back up to 5 or 6 ounces of milk, but she is doing so much better!! Thanks to everyone for your prayers!

No comments: