Jackson started preschool today! I wish I could say it was easy, but it was quite difficult. Jason and I dropped him off together and all three of us took it pretty hard. I am very excited about Jackson going, but I am very sad because it means he is growing up. Jackson was so excited about putting his book bag on and talking about the giraffe, tiger, and zebra on his bag. He even got excited when we pulled up and said "Mommy, there's my school." I thought, ok, this may not be so bad. As we started walking down the hall, Jackson started whining a little and saying he did not want to go to school. Once we got to the classroom, he was fine...that is until one little boy came in screaming! Jackson attached himself to Daddy's leg and told us he wanted to go home. We got him to go play some more and then it was time for me to say bye! The tears just started to flow as Jackson said "No Mommy". I gave him a hug, kissed him and had to leave because I just lost it. Jason had a hard time leaving him and stayed in for a little while. Jackson would not let go of Jason and kept saying "No Daddy, don't leave me". I finally walked back in and gave Savannah to Jason. I told Jackson we would see him in a couple hours and Mrs. Liz took him. Jackson just lost it!! It was awful! Leaving him was the hardest thing ever!! We left and as we passed his room walking to the parking lot, I peaked in on him and he was still crying! I did not think he could see me, but boy was I wrong. He was on the other side of the room and ran to the window, pulled the blinds back looking for us. I thought he was going to tear the blinds down and come through that window. I felt so bad!! Mrs. Liz called all the parents today to let them know how the day went and I was thankful to hear her say Jackson did better than I thought he would. She said he cried for a bit after we left and all the other parents stopped looking in the window. It was hard for all the parents to leave. Jackson was fine until they came back from the playground and saw that I was still not there. He cried some more, but finally calmed back down. She said that Jackson saw a teacher walk down the hall and he looked at her and said "Oh, I think I saw my mommy". How cute is that!! :-) She had to assure him it was one of the teachers going to the playground and he did not get upset! Yeah!! However, once the parents started getting back to pick up their little ones, Jackson spotted them looking through the window and started crying for me. Although, he basically had three crying spells, she said he really did have a great time. He participated in all the activities, sang songs, played on the playground, laughed and played with his friends.
I was so excited to pick him up!! He was crying when she opened the door for him to come out, but he was SO cute wearing his book bag and holding his picture he painted. He quickly got over it and was so excited to tell me about his smiley face stamp on his hand! He talked about that stamp all day! The stamp is a BIG deal for all the kids. If they are good, they get a stamp before they go home. He talked about school all the way to lunch from preschool. I asked him if he had fun and he said "yes, Mommy, I did!". He talked about his picture several times today! He was so proud of that picture. I later found out when Mrs. Liz called me that the picture was a big deal. They talked about the picture and she told them they could take it to their mommies. She told me Jackson got really excited about that and said "I can take this home to my mommy". Mrs. Liz told him yes you can and he looked forward to me picking him up so he could give me a picture. So cute!! I am looking forward to picking him up each Wednesday and Thursday just to hear all about his day! I'm praying he will quickly get over crying when I leave him, though!
Our little preschooler ready for his first day of preschool!
Jackson and Daddy before we took him to school. Jackson was so excited to be going to school.
We arrived at preschool and Jackson was still excited and even pointed his school out before we pulled into the parking lot.
OK...now he's not so sure about school and wants to go back home. :-(
Mrs. Tara showing Jackson his cubby
Jackson and Lindy...Clifford is a big part of the class. They are called the Tail Wagging Twos!
Jackson and Gavin playing together before class
Jackson and one of his best friends, Ava. He loves his Ava! They had not seen each other in two weeks with Savannah being sick and they were so excited to see each other this morning! .jpg)
September 3rd - Today was Jackson's 2nd day of preschool and when I picked him up, Mrs. Liz looks at me and said he had a AWESOME day! I was so excited to hear that!! She said he only cried for 2 or 3 minutes after I left, and he had a great day! They were lined up in the hallway waiting on us to come and when he saw me walking down the hall, he just leaned over and said "Hey Mom". I needed that from him! It made me feel so good and VERY proud of him. He sat there and waited his turn to get up and come to me too. He got up from nap today telling me he wanted to go to school. This is how you know he truly is having fun! He has been singing a song about a monkey today and for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'm going to have to ask his teachers what he's singing. He's trying so hard to explain it to me, but I really have no clue.
Jackson, I am so proud of you! I love you so much!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment