Thursday, March 5, 2009

2 year check up

I took Jackson in for his 2 year old check up two weeks ago. Yes, I know, I am so behind. I have had my hands full lately with lots of throwing up involved. I hope that we have all of this behind us. Jackson was feeling much better for his visit. I was so proud of him. Jackson has always clung to me when they called his name to go back. Well, not this visit. He walked back there like he was a big boy. He stood on the scale for the first time and let them weigh him. Prior to this visit, he was still being put on the baby scale because he pitched a fit and would not stand on the big boy scale. He was very good when the nurse came in, which is usually not the case. Then they had to prick his little toe. He was over it quickly. However, she put a band aid on his toe and he was NOT happy. He pretty much cried from that moment on until we left. he kept saying "Not like it". I finally had to take it off. I guess I need to start using band aids with him to get him over that fear. Jackson weighed 23 lbs. He probably lost a good 3lbs. Poor little guy did not have any to loose as it was. He went 6 days without eating much at all and what he did it came back up. It was the most awful thing I had ever seen. He was no longer in the 5th and 10th percentile, he was below the charts. :-( She is going to get another weight on him at Savannah's 4 month check up and if he is well, give him his shot that he did not get due to how sick he has been. He was 33 3/4 in length. This is in the 25th percentile. However, I am not so sure this is accurate. His friend Drew had his 18 month check and apparently was 33 1/2. This happened at Jackson's 18 month and Drew's 15 month checkup as well. I'm not so sure what to think. Jackson is definitely a good bit taller. I guess I need to measure him and see if its correct or not.
We have been referred to the allergist next week. I hope to find out that he is NOT allergic to egg anymore and can eat peanut butter. Jackson had a rash around his mouth from the dressing at Miyos, so I am very nervous about this. I will update after his visit next week.

No comments: