Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update on Our Handsome Little Man

Jackson is definitely TWO!! Where has my sweet little Jackson gone? He is still our sweet little Jackson, but man does he know how to act like a two year old! He will throw a toddler tantrum if he does not get his way. He wants to eat ALL DAY long!! If I tell him no when he ask for a snack because it's almost lunch or dinner time, he will scream and throw himself on the floor. He is giving us a hard time at night and for naps. He is getting much better for naps, but he gets up at least twice a night wanting to get in mommy's bed!! This has become a habit because I felt bad for him while he was sick. We have got to break this. I am on my fourth week of trying to break this. I have been up a few nights for two hours meeting him in the hall way and taking him back to his bed. I can hear him get up, shut his door, and those little feet start to pitter patter down the hall. It is so hard for me, because I love to cuddle with him. However, it has got to stop and if I give in just one night, these 4 weeks of work are worthless!! How many nights do I have to go through this before it stops! I have had to shut him in his room every night just to get him to stay in bed. I do open it after we go to bed because I don't want him to get up in the middle of the night and be scared. He is already fearful of everything right now. I am now trying a baby gate at his door during the middle of the night to keep him in his room. He got up last night at 2am standing at the gate lying his head on it and looking down the hall crying for me. I got up and put him back in bed. He was up again at 6:30 this morning crying wanting to get in my bed. I just let him cry until it was time to get up. This was 45 minutes. It was so hard, but I don't know what else to do. I have tried to play nice mommy for 4 weeks! It is breaking my heart!! I hope tonight will be easier. This will be the second night of baby gate.
On the other hand, Jackson is truly still our sweet little boy! He is so good to his sister! He loves her so much. He has finally started calling her Savannah some and not just baby. It's more like "Vanna". He is always loving on her. He was so sweet the other morning. I put her in a dress and he walked in her room and pointed at her and said "Mommy, baby cute". It was so sweet. He has heard me say cute so much that he really knows what it means. :-) Jackson's new thing is to give family bear hugs!! He melts mine and Jason's heart at night when we put him down for bed. He grabs Jason around he neck and me around mine while we are lying in bed with him and pulls us to him for a hug and says "AWW". He is just so sweet. I can survive the tantrums when he makes up for it with all this love! He is so loving to all his friends, even when they don't want him to be! It is so funny to me to see that at age 2, he really does have friends! They get along so well and when they go a day without seeing each other, they are all asking to see each other.

Jackson and Drew are best friends. They have so much fun together! Here they are dancing to the Wiggles. They were so full of themselves this night.
They have to do the same thing. They walked around with their hats on and the balls in hand. Too cute! They are even looking the same way.
Jackson has had a very busy month playing with friends. He is so blessed to have so many friends. He was finally able to get together with Tyler and Ashley. These poor little babies, including Jackson, have been so sick this winter. They had so much fun playing outside!
Jackson had his follow up this past week as well from his two year checkup and he had gained 2 pounds and is back in the 10th percentile. His doctor was very pleased! Yeah Jackson! I was not shocked at all. He has been eating like a pig since he started feeling better!

No comments: