Sunday, March 29, 2009

4 Months Old Already

Happy 4 months Savannah! We love you so much!
Its hard to believe that sweet little Savannah is already 4 months old. She turned 4 months this past Tuesday. I thought Jackson was growing up too fast. It seems like the second child is even faster! I told Jason I really need to slow down and enjoy it more before my baby is not a baby anymore.
Savannah is so much fun and a joy to have around. She has become such a chatty little one! I don't remember Jackson being this chatty. What will I do with two that never stop talking? I may have to invest in a good set of ear plugs! I love to listen to her laugh, especially when I get her under her chin. That belly laugh gets me every time. There is nothing more I love to hear than a baby laughing, especially when it's my own. I am pretty sure she has started teething already. She is drooling nonstop! I can't keep a dry bib on her. If I forget to put a bib on, she is soaked by the time we get where we are going. Jackson started about three months as well and did not get his first tooth until he was 7 months. She is always smiling. She loves to be in the middle of everything. I have started giving Savannah a bottle every night instead of nursing because she tends to want to nurse herself to sleep. It makes it hard when we have a sitter or the grandparents keep her to put her down. She did great with it tonight, but it took her a while to take the bottle. We will keep working on it. I love when I give her a bottle and she wraps both hands around my arm as if she is holding a bottle. It is so adorable!
Savannah had her 4 month checkup this past Wednesday. Her statistics are:

Length - 23 3/4 (25th percentile)
Weight - 12lbs 8 oz (25th percentile)
Head Circumference - 16 1/2 (60th percentile)

Unfortunately, Savannah did not get her shots due to a double ear infection. Apparently, she had two bad ones. I told my mother in law before I saw the doctor that I was afraid she was going to have an ear infection because she started nursing in short periods the day before and the morning of her appointment. She was not fussy at all. She just wasn't nursing like she had been. The pediatrician gave us the go ahead on cereal and baby food. We started Jackson on rice cereal at 4 months and baby food at 6 months. We will probably start Savannah on rice cereal soon. I am in no hurry to start. I am not ready to clean up two of them just yet. :-)



1 comment:

Aunt Jennifer said...

I love the outfit ;) Don't you just love little girls dressed in blue? :)