Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter 2009

We had so much fun with all the Easter Festivities this Easter. Jackson had three egg hunts and loved all but one. I will have to explain that one. It's a funny story, so be sure to read this whole blog. I am a bit behind on posts, so this one is sure to be a long one.
We started our Easter fun off by letting Jackson and Ava decorate Easter cupcakes. Jackson had so much fun decorating the cupcakes, but had more fun eating them. Ava, on the other hand, did not want to eat her artwork. :-) It was too funny! We missed you Drew! Drew was not feeling well that day.

Jackson sticks his tongue out just like his Papa when he's concentrating! Too funny!



Savannah was not left out..She watched her brother decorate cupcakes. :-)


We spent the Thursday morning before Easter at Fox Tree Farms. Jackson had so much fun! We went on a hayride, fed the animals, had a egg hunt, and planted a flower. The Easter Bunny came to visit as well. However, Jackson would not have anything to do with the Easter bunny. I was not surprised! Glad I did not waste my time taking him to get pictures with the bunny. :-)


Here we are on the hayride. The picture is a little blurry because we were in motion. Jackson does not appear to be enjoying his ride, but I promise he loved it. This was taken when we first started going and we hit a big bump that scared him as the picture was taken. Savannah did very well, too. :-) Amanda, Ava, and Jackson going to see the animals.

Hudson and Jackson checking the bird out. Jackson would look, but not touch. Jackson really surprised me with the Llama. Mrs. Fox gave Jackson the food and he was eager to feed the Llama. Very cute! Jackson was not happy that Mommy wanted to stop feeding the animals for a photo in front of the pretty azaleas. He should know his mommy by now with pictures. He just needs to be happy I am not a "real" photographer. I would have him in the studio all the time. :-) Jackson had so much fun at his first Easter egg hunt! Love this photo!! I have this one in black and white too. Jason said I need Jackson carrying a cane, not a Easter basket. :-) Jackson after he planted his flower.


Jackson and Savannah were invited to a awesome egg hunt in Forest Acres on Friday. They had a beautiful yard for pictures! The Easter bunny came to visit, too! Thank you Logan, Hampton, and Sarah Grace! We had so much fun! Here are a few fun pictures...


Jackson always loving on Ava! Ava likes it sometimes, and other times not so much. :-) My Sweet Babies!
Jackson excited to find another egg!! Sharing their eggs..To cute!
Look, the Easter Bunny!! Mommy had to get in the picture, so Jackson would take a picture with him. That's the best I could do. :-) He was concerned that Savannah was sitting on her lap.


We celebrated Easter Saturday with the Starnes family. We had a great time and Jackson loved spending time with his cousins. He was a little fussy at first because it was nap time, but he finally got his second wind and enjoyed himself very much. Here is where the funny story comes in...Aunt Tami and Uncle Bryan invited all the family to their church for the annual egg hunt. First of all, I got the time wrong. The Festival started at 10:30, not 10:00. We showed up at 10:00 and we did not see any family. We called Grandma and was informed that it started at 10:30. I was a little confused, because we were there and the festival had already started. Anyway, we let Jackson play while we waited on everyone to get there. Well, they started the egg hunt for Jackson's age group. We got in line for that and boy was it a ALOT of people. Jackson was a little overwhelmed. They opened the gate to the playground and poor little Jackson got trampled on. He was obviously not happy. He did not enjoy this egg hunt at all. I felt bad because it was the only one Jason was able to do with him. Jackson had a blast at the other two. Anyway, at 11:15, we still did not see the Starnes clan. I called Grandma again to find out we were at the wrong church. We put the address in the GPS and we were at the church it brought us to, so we thought. We just needed to drive a few more blocks and there was the church. I was sad because Jackson did not get to enjoy a egg hunt with his cousins. Oh well, I guess there's next year. Here are some pictures of Easter with the Starnes family...



Jackson and Jason at the wrong Egg Hunt!


Daddy and Son!
The Starnes Cousins! We had to bribe Jackson with a cookie to get this picture!

Kathryn and Savannah Olivia Grace is so good with Jackson and he LOVES her! Savannah enjoys some time outside swinging with Aunt Tami Jackson playing the piano with Kathryn
Everyone enjoyed some time on the trampoline(even the big kids) Jackson LOVED it, too!
Haley and Savannah. How sweet!


Finally, Easter Sunday! Jackson got up to see what the Easter bunny brought, then we were off to church. After church, we spent the day with the my parents and grandmother. Jackson was so sweet with his Great Mema! It sounds like he is saying Nemo, but with a M instead of an N. We were happy to have Mema with us for Easter!


Jackson was excited to get sunglasses from the Easter Bunny. Too bad they barely fit his head. :(






We were working on getting a picture of the 4 Generations of girls, but Jackson wanted to join us. He doesn't like to be left out. :-) Trying out his sunglasses! He LOVES to be outside. Mema with her great grandbabies!
Nannie and Papa with the grandchildren! I LOVE this picture! Love you Mom and Dad! Family Picture

Whew! Finally, it only took me three days to get this post out there for all of you who have been asking. :-) I will try to get all the pictures on the monthly pictures this weekend. We hope you all had a Happy Easter and spent lots of time with your families! We sure did enjoy ours!

1 comment:

Erika Rabon said...

I was wondering when I could see Easter pictures! The last family picture is perfect!!!Thanks for finally posting! :)