Thursday, April 2, 2009

No More Paci!!

Well, I finally did it!! I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into with Jason leaving for his annual golf trip. I just felt like yesterday was the day I had the will power to pull the plug! I bought Jackson a twilight turtle last Friday night and had it wrapped. Jackson is only attached to his paci at nap and bedtime. I was afraid it would be very hard to give up his paci when he had nothing else to hold onto or replace it with. Jackson seems to be afraid of the dark now, so I thought the twilight turtle was just the trick. Before Jason left, I got him to take Jackson out to the mailbox and mail his paci to a baby that needed it. We told Jackson he was a big boy and paci's are for babies. We told Jackson that there was a present waiting on him when he mailed his paci off. Jackson LOVES presents, so of course he was all about that.

Jackson and Daddy mailing his paci to a baby that needs one. Notice the present on top of the mailbox. :-)

It's amazing what a present will do to his face!

Oooo...Jackson was excited to see a turtle when he opened his present! Too cute! I love to watch him open a present. That's not such a good thing, though.


After all this, I'm not sure the turtle did the trick. I just did not give Jackson enough credit! His first nap, he wanted the turtle in his room. He also cried for the paci for about 10 seconds and I reminded him he mailed it to a baby that needs one. He then asked me to turn his nightlight turtle on. It's very cute. It puts the moon and stars on his ceiling. However, that night, he did not ask for the paci and he did not want to turn the turtle on. He had the same reaction at nap time today. For some reason, it scares him when I turn it on. Jackson has been doing great with sleeping again, except wanting to get up and stay up at 5:30 AM!! The baby gate and turning the hall bathroom light on has done the trick!

I am so proud of you Jackson Starnes!! Mommy underestimates you sometimes! You have made mommy and daddy very proud parents. Keep making us proud! You have taken two naps and putting you to bed last night was so easy without the paci!! I have dreaded this day since you turned two. You are such a big boy. Every milestone has been a lot easier than I thought it would be with you.

No comments: