As much as I don't want to say this, I believe my son is going to take after me! I now know what I put my mom through all these years! I can't say I'm sorry enough! Why do I have to be a klutz and pass it on to my son?! Please Savannah, don't take after your mommy and your brother! I'm not sure I could handle 3 of us! :-)
Friday night, Jackson gave us a big scare! My mom and dad came over to grill out. While the potatoes and onions were in the oven, mom and I ran to the M.O.M.S. sale. We were not gone 20 minutes when I got a call from Jason saying "You need to get home NOW! It's an emergency! Jackson has busted his lip open." I do believe that is the scariest phone call I have ever received. The panic in Jason's voice was all I needed to hear. I was on my way home with butterflies in my stomach, not knowing what I would come home to. My dad was on the porch rocking Jackson and Jason was pacing the porch waiting on us. As soon as I saw his lip, there was no doubt in my mind he would need stitches. As two panicked parents, we went to the closest hospital with Jackson. All I could think after I got there, was how I wish I had gone to Richland. After this incident, my car will always go straight to Richland! We got there about 10 minutes before 9pm, and we did not get seen until 11:30.
Waiting on the doctor to come in!
While we were waiting on the doctor, we turned cartoons on for Jackson. Jackson told the nurse he wanted to see the wiggles. She asked him what channel that came on. I told Jackson the Wiggles were not on. The nurse asked him what else he would like to watch. He said "Yo Gabba Gabba" . Again, I told him that came on during the day time, not at night. However, the commercial came on 2 seconds later saying "Ya, Gabba Gabba coming up next". We just had to laugh. Jason told him to ask for a million dollars! :-)
They had to sedate Jackson to get the stitches in. He was completely terrified by the time they got everything set up. It took three of us to hold him down. It was so hard watching him be put through this! He kept screaming "I don't want to". It just broke my heart! They gave him the shot in his leg. The first dose of medicine did not work, so they gave him a second dose. He was still too alert, so they gave him a third dose. After the third does, I could not control my tears anymore. I completely lost it. All I could think about was they just overdosed my child and I was scared that he would not wake up. They don't usually give but one shot to a child as young as Jackson. As the sedation started working, he rolled his head towards me and his eyes were so big and glassy. It was like he was looking at me asking for help because he didn't know what was going on. The doctor went on with the procedure and coming out of sedation was the scariest thing I have ever had to watch! Jackson looked like he stopped breathing 4 or 5 times. The nurse assured me that he was breathing fine and it was just a side effect of the medicine. His blood pressure had gotten up to 133/97. He was so worked up and agitated! I have never felt so helpless in my life! He had such a hard time coming out because of how much medicine they gave him. When we left the hospital Saturday morning at 3am, he was not able to walk.Jackson ended up with 6 stitches in his bottom lip.
An hour after the procedure was over! He was so out of it! You can see how his eyes are still glassy. He had just started acknowledging that we were there at this point.
I could not wait for him to wake up Saturday morning for that assurance that everything was OK! When he got up at 10:30, he was still out of it, but he could walk fine. He was very excited to see his best friend, Drew, and Miss Andrea who brought him balloons and a frosty that afternoon. He was in much better spirits after that! Thank you Mrs. Andrea and Drew! We love you so much! We are going to miss you more than you will ever know!
Saturday morning after he woke up..Still not back to himself yet! He asked me to take his Boo Boo off. So sad! .jpg)
We will get the stitches out on Thursday. I am praying for a very minimal scaring. It breaks my heart that it is his face, especially his lip, where everyone will notice it when talking to him. If we have to see a plastic surgeon, it will be a year from now. I am very hopeful that it was stitched very well and there will not be a bad scar!
Day 4 of stitches! Looks so much better! Today is the first day that the swelling appeared to be gone! .jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment