Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Time Fun!

One of our favorite times of the year is summertime when we get to hang out with my parents by the pool and grill out. We love, love, love this time and the memories we have and continue to make! We had our first cookout yesterday and as always, we had a great time! This year is going to be so much fun with Jackson learning to swim and Savannah learning to love the water.

Jackson started swim lessons last week with Coach Drew and wasn't able to finish due to a virus he caught. He was running a high fever for 4 days, had pink eye and pharyngitis. Needless to say, he was a bit sick. He missed his last three lessons, so we have signed him up for another lesson in July when we get back from vacation. It was the first they had available. He is doing great, so I hope to see him swimming by himself very soon! :-)

This is Jackson at his first lesson learning to kick his feet. Here is Jackson and Nannie and Papa's pool using his "dig" technique he learned with Coach Drew. He loves the water!


I am VERY excited to say that Savannah FINALLY got in the water and actually enjoyed it. We have been struggling to get Savannah near any water other than the bath water. She absolutely loves to take a bath, but would not go anywhere near water outside. We think she became afraid when we were at the beach in April and the water was VERY cold. I was determined yesterday to get her in the water without crying. I would have to say it was Papa's mission too!

Savannah's first time this summer getting in the pool and she is smiling! :-) Way to go Papa!! I love this girl!! She will soon be my water baby #2!
Loving the water now! I dunked her all the way under water several times and she loved it. We are making progress! I'm so proud of you Savannah!

No comments: