Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cheesy Beef and Bean Nachos

In an attempt to recreate Moe's Billy Barou(which I happen to love), I came up with my very own at home nachos. It's not always easy to make Jason love something and he told me multiple times that the nachos were really good! He was also very quick to tell me it's not very good for you either. I never said I tried to make everything healthy. :-) I very seldom use a package taco seasoning because I love the one on All Recipes. It is super yummy! However, as we all know, it is very quick and easy to go with a package taco seasoning.

Taco Seasoning(from Allrecipes.com):

Ingredients
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt 1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
1.In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container. The nachos are very easy, but oh so yummy!!!

Cheesy beef and Bean Nachos;
Ingredients:
Nacho Chips
1.5 lbs Ground Beef
1/4 cup water
1 can black beans
2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
Rotel or salsa
black olives
sour cream

Directions:
1. Brown beef and add taco seasoning with 1/4 cup water. If you use the homemade taco seasoning, 3T is plenty!
2. While the beef is browning, put your Nacho chips on a baking sheet. I put aluminum foil down to avoid making a huge mess.
3. Add the beef on top the Nachos. Then top with black beans and Mexican cheese.
4. Bake for about 8 minutes. Make sure the cheese is good and melted.
5. Top with black olives, sour cream, and rotel. 6. ENJOY!!! :-)

No comments: