Saturday, June 11, 2011

San Antonio Trip

The kids and I took a trip to San Antonio this past week. We had a wonderful time visiting our dear friends there. Jackson and Drew picked up right where they left off. It was so good to have them together playing again. Jackson has told me a few times since we have been back that he misses Drew. He asked me today if we could fly back to see him and to go back to Sea World. We made lots of great memories together! We miss the Larson's so much and wish they were closer!


Getting ready to take off! They were so excited!!



You ask how the flight went? Well, the trip there was great until we got to Dallas and sat down for lunch. Savannah was so restless and did not want to sit. Getting on our flight in Dallas was a little bit of a challenge because she did not want to put her seat belt on. After getting her seat belt on, it went a little smoother. Jackson did great! All and all, it went pretty well with two little ones. The flight back home was a not so great experience, but not because of the kids. The kids could not have been any better. They were definitely on their best behavior! We got to the airport at 10:00am and did not get home until after midnight due to a few delays and re-arranging of flights.



We were so happy to finally make it to the Larson's and see them all. Steve actually met us at the airport and he was such a BIG help!! Jackson and Drew were so cute seeing each other for the first time again! I wish I had my camera ready for the happy hugs they gave each other when Jackson got out of the car. It was priceless!


The neighborhood they live in has a awesome amenity center! We spent a lot of time there. The kids loved it and it gave Andrea and I time to talk and enjoy a margarita! What more could you ask for?!


The boys! It was like no time had passed! Ok, so this is mean, I know! However, it is funny, too! Above the slide was a bucket that turned over when it got full. Savannah was making her way for the slide when the bucket made its turn. If you know Savannah, she is all about water, but not so much the sprinklers, so she was not happy when this happened to her.
The girls! Just 2 days apart!
The slide! Jackson loved it!
I LOVE this picture of the kids! Can you guess what they are doing? ARMS IN!
Super Readers to the rescue!!! (Super Why)


We visited the San Antonio Zoo while we were there. I absolutely loved it! They have so many different animals than what we have at our zoo and alot more fun stuff for the kids One of my favorites was the riverbank area. I would love for them to have this at our zoo. It's like a mini beach for the kids.



Good Times at San Antonio Zoo! The girls walking the lily pads!

Savannah in the water at the Riverbank! Not sure what these two were looking at, but it's a precious picture! One happy boy to be in the water! Can you believe Savannah found a bucket?! :-) Here are the four of them enjoying some water fun at the Riverbank! The girls watering the plants!
How cool are these BIG hippos! Don't you just love that we have to see there behinds! :-) I forget what this animal is called, but the kids knew. I need to go watch my Diego so I can learn more about animals. It's so pretty!

On Sunday, we made a trip to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Steve was off so he was able to join us this day. It was a hot, but fun day!



The Larson's with all the kiddos! I love this family! Me and the kids in front of the Alamo. Jackson asked so many questions when we went onside. I hope he always has this quality. It will make him one very smart kiddo! The cutest boys I have ever seen! I heart them!!! Oh, how I miss my Drewski!
The beautiful Riverwalk!

My sweeties at the Riverwalk!
Isn't it beautiful! I wish we could have spent more time here! My favorite picture of me and the kids at the Riverwalk. Me and Andrea! I miss her so much and so thankful I had this week to spend with her. Andrea is a very special friend to me. I thank God that we have stayed so close after she moved! We still talk pretty much on a daily basis. She is always there no matter what! I was worried we would grow apart after she moved, but no matter how far she is, I now know I will always have a special friendship with her. Drew was Jackson's first best friend, and Kate and Savannah are just 2 days apart. We always have a lot to talk about. :-)


We saved Sea World for the end of our trip. It was such a fun trip! I know the kids will be talking about it for months! I'm so glad they had Drew and Kate to experience it with!


The boys meet Mr. Penguin just as we walked in. Look at those smiles! They were so excited!


Watching the dolphins!


Love these two so much!! After the dolphins, we headed over to see Azul. This clown right here...
Kept these two laughing! He was also a part of the show! He was an absolute nut! The Azul show was Amazing!
The four of them never moved! The loved every minute of it. Savannah clapped alot! She was too cute! I love these two on the Shamu roller coaster! I could hear the giggles every time they passed me. Here they are coming to a stop! I'm pretty sure they loved it! The water areas at Sea World were also a hit!
They were very entertained by the Sea Lions! There was one that was so loud begging for food.What a treat that we got to see a 4 day old Sea Lion! This picture is priceless. The 4 day old hasn't learned to swim yet. This was taken right after he or she fell in and the Mommy Sea Lion "rescued" the pup by grabbing it by the neck after. Look at those brave little boys in the very back of the Atlantis! I was so proud of them! Jackson and I got on and he insisted we ride it again. I told him if we could get Drew to ride, we would ride it again. It did not take much asking and he agreed to ride it with us.
Here we are after our ride....Wet! So much fun! So proud of these brave boys!





Our last full day there, we decided to take a trip back to Sea World. The kids kept asking to feed the dolphins. It was only about 30 minutes or so away, so it wasnt a bad drive. Im so glad we decided to make that trip. The kids loved it!! We didnt spend a full day, just enough to do what we didnt get to do the day before.



Jackson and Drew loved being able to pet the dolphins before feeding them. The girls were just content wacthing them.


Here is Jackson feeding the dolphin. He was so proud! Notice how he's concentrating with his tongue out. :-) This mush be genetic! We have Papa to thank for that! :-) We also made a point to see the Shamu show before we left. These are seriously some BIG whales. Mrs. Andrea riding the elmo drop zone with the kiddos. So cute! Our last ride at Sea World. What a awesome, fun time we had!
Thank you Andrea and Steve for being such great host! We are so thankful for your friendship and this week that we got to spend with you guys! Love you bunches!!


Click HERE to see all the pictures from our trip!


1 comment:

Andrea @ Life Love Larson said...

I'm going to be stealing some of these pics! :)