Saturday, January 14, 2012

My 2012 Goals!

This is the time of year everyone likes to make resolutions for themselves. I really don't do resolutions, but I do like to make goals for myself. As I look back on 2011, I'm not sure where it went! It was over in a blink of a eye! It makes me realize how fast life passes us by, and how quickly my little ones are growing up! I have set many goals for myself for 2012! The best part about them is that I can already see the difference it is making!

For 2012, I would like to:

1. READ!!! Reading is one thing I have never liked to do. The only books I have actually read and enjoy are books by Nicholas Sparks. I am happy to say I am off to a great start, thanks to my Kindle Fire!! I am in love!! I have read everyday since I started using it! It stays with me in my purse. Normally, if I am sitting in carpool line, at dance practice, or karate I tend to waste my time by playing on facebook. Not anymore! I pick up my kindle and read more of my book and I am actually enjoying it! I hope to read at least 12 books this year! That is one a month! Let's see if I can accomplish that!


2. Exercise at least least 4 times a week! This past year I have not done so well with exercising. I could probably count on 2 hands how many times I went. I love to exercise!! However, in 2012, I just didn't make time for it. I am already off to a great start! Yay!

3. Eat Healthy! As I get older, I realize more and more the importance of eating the right foods. I do not eat enough fruits and vegetables, which in turn means my kids do not either! I am happy to say that both, Jackson and Savannah, are now eating salads!! This is a HUGE improvement for Jackson! Just this week, he had 3 bowls of salad in one day! Awesome!! I never thought I would see the day he ate one piece of lettuce, much less three bowls!

4. Be more Organized!! Prior to having two little ones running around my house, I was super organized! I'm not sure what has happen over the past 5 years, but I find it hard these days to stay ahead or remember what I need to get done from day to day! I am very excited, and patiently awaiting the arrival of my new Erin Condron Life Planner that should arrive in just 3 more days!!!! I thought I would have it this week, but no such luck! I can't wait to get my planner delivered at my doorsteps, so I can get started with my new life planner!!! This is the year to BE MORE ORGANIZED!!!! WooHoo!!


5. Let go of all the negative influences in my life! This is where I hope to see a huge difference this year! Often, we let others bring us down instead of building us up. We let negative things that should not affect us in any way, change a mood with the snap of a finger! With all my goals, to include this one, there should be no problem reaching this goal! Sometimes, I find that facebook can bring you down, when it should not. I have cleaned my facebook up tremendously, rather it was un-friending or hiding people, and it has already made a difference! You have control over your day to day attitudes! You just have to realize that and make the decisions that are right for you! In 2012, I have done just that!

6. Make time for myself! I tend to not know how to say No, and never have time for myself. Reading, crafting, blogging, exercising and cooking are just a few ways that I have made this one possible! I'm enjoying this time so much and feeling a bit accomplished!

7. Be a Better Mom to my children and a better wife to my husband!!! It doesn't matter how great of a mom or wife you are, there is always room for improvement! My husband and my children are the most important to me and I strive everyday to be a better wife and mom to them! Spend less time doing the things that don't matter and spend more time reading, playing, and teaching them to be the best that they can be! Get rid of the distractions and worrying about things that don't matter and put that energy and time into spending it with my wonderful hubby!

Blessed in 2012! Looking forward to a great year!!

No comments: