Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy 15 months Jackson!

Is my Baby Boy really 15 months old? WOW! It is true! They really do grow up so fast. Jackson has changed so much since my small update at 14 months. I don't think I could do it justice by describing to you how much he has changed in the last month. Jackson is becoming more and more of a toddler and less and less of a baby. It makes me sad to think about it. He is truly a joy! I apologize if I am boring you with detail s I update this month, but I like to do this so that we can look back in years to come at how our baby boy developed and what milestones he hit and when.

  • This biggest thing this month is that Jackson took his first steps. He is still not letting go and walking on his own, but if you put him down and ask him to walk to you, he will take about 5 or 6 steps to you. He has fooled me several times this week by letting go of something and acting like he was going to take off, and then he goes to his knees and crawls.
  • Jackson loves to be outside. He will tell you "side" anytime of day. If you ask him if he wants to go outside, he says "side" and closes his eyes, scrunches his face, and shakes his arms up and down of excitment. This is his new thing when he's excited or his yes for when he wants something. I love when he does this!
  • Jackson's abiltiy to communicate now is amazing. He can say so much and understands more than you think he does. I am going to attempt to put his vocabulary on here, but I don't think I can name them all. I wish I would have written them all down over the past month. His vocabulary consist of:
  1. Dog - No matter where he is, if he hears or sees a dog, he will shout dog. In fact, any animal such as a cat or squirrell has now become a dog. You can ask him what the dog says and he will do three barks for you. Too cute!
  2. DaDi - Jackson loves his daddy. This past month, I have been very jealous of the love Jackson shares with his Daddy. He will go up to Jason and hold and hug him and just say DaDi over and over. Every evening when it's time for Jason to come home, Jackson is going around saying Dadi.
  3. ball - Put the boy in a room with balls and he is in heaven. He wakes up from his naps asking for the ball.
  4. cheese - One of his favorite foods
  5. Nana - My mom
  6. Papa- He has two
  7. Mama - Although, he will not call me mommy unless someone else does.
  8. No - I just love that he will look at me when he knows he is not supposed to be doing something, say no and do it anyway.
  9. dath - That would be bath. He loves to take a bath and especially showers with Daddy.
  10. ight - That would be light
  11. Jen Jen - for Aunt Jennifer
  12. Stacey - I'm still not sure how he knows my name considering Jason usually calls me Baby.
  13. Baby
  14. Jackson - He will point at pictures of him and say Jackson
  15. Haley - Jackson loves his cousin Haley.
  16. choo choo - If Jackson hears a train, he will say choo choo.
  17. Bubbles - Jackson's favorite outside activity
  18. Melmo - That would be elmo
  19. night night
  20. bye bye
  21. baon - For balloon, although lately he likes to call them bubbles.
  22. uh oh - Jackson will even throw his food on the floor and say uh oh. I cant get him to understand its not uh oh when you mean to do it. :-)
  23. teeth - He loves to brush(chew on) his teethThank you - What a sweet boy to say Thank You at such a young age.
  24. gain - That would be again.
  25. more - This is his new word this week.
  • Jackson is very independent. Jackson could play for hours by himself. He is such a happy boy. He loves to play peek a boo, ball, bubbles, outside, flip through books, push anything around the house that moves, and he LOVES blonde headed girls and older kids.

No comments: