Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We have so much to be Thankful for!!!

We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!! We were blessed on Monday with our daughter, Savannah Jane Starnes. She was born at 4:23pm weighing in at 5lbs 14.5oz and 18 inches long. We are home just in time to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal tomorrow with our families. Savannah is doing very well. She likes to sleep alot right now making it very hard to nurse. We do have to take her to see the pediatrician on Friday. She was found to be slightly jaundice this morning. Please pray that we can get it controlled without having to get a bilibed.It broke my heart when we had to keep Jackson on one of those beds.
Jackson seems to be adjusting slowly. He was not sure what to think when we were at the hospital. He was all done with her. When his grandparents arrived with him today at home, he was loving her and when she cried to eat, he would tell me "I get baby" and would try to get her out of the bassinet. It was very sweet. When I put him down for bed tonight, he blew her a kiss and then before he headed to his room said "bye bye baby". I hope this is a sign to quick acceptance. A Mommy can wish, right??


Waiting on the arrival of our daughter......

Grandma holds Savannah shortly after she arrives Savannah Jane Starnes
Jackson meets Savannah for the first time.
I love my sweet girl!!!
Isn't she adorable!!
Jackson holds his siter for the the first time. It was very quick. He was all done. We know he will grow to love her. I can already see the difference since we have been home.
Click here to see her hospital picture. I will add more pictures to her picasa site once I have more time to go through all the pictures. We hope everyone has a Happy Turkey Day!! There is so much to be thankful for!!

2 comments:

destiny said...

She is adorable!!!! I'm so glad y'all are doing well!! I've been praying for y'all and will continue to pray for her jaundice to be better. Both of my babies had that and had to use the light. It was pitiful!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The Jacksons said...

What an amazing gift from God. How thankful I know we both are for these precious miracles. I cant wait them to meet and have play dates. Hope to see you soon. Jen