Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Little Artist

Nannie and Papa bought Jackson an Easel for Christmas. He colors many pictures on it, but his absolute favorite thing to do is paint. Until he got his easel, I had not let him paint. I have just not wanted to deal with the mess. However, I wish now I would have started him younger because he has so much fun with it. His first time painting was when Ashley and Tyler came over to play. Amanda and I braved letting the three kids paint together. It is a two sided easel, but they all ended up painting on the same side. Imagine that, right? They all had so much fun and were not happy when we said it was time to clean up.


Pretty, Pretty Picture!

I can't believe they did not try to paint each other My little artist hard a work....

The finished portriat.! There is a story to this picture. I was in the floor with Jackson asking him about his painting. He gave me the red paintbrush and said "Mommy, Paint". I painted the little red circle on the top and he said "Ooh Sun". He then picked up the blue paintbrush and painted the blue line right below it and said "sky". I was so impressed. He proves to me more and more each day just how smart he is.

1 comment:

The Jacksons said...

Tell Jackson I would like a painting for my fridge!