Sunday, August 1, 2010

Officially Potty Trained!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to say that Jackson IS officially potty trained! WooooHooooo!!! I was so worried he would not be able to start 3 year preschool because he was not potty trained. I am a true believer now of the "they will do it when they are ready"! Jackson has been going pee pee in the potty since February. However, he would never go by himself. I would see him doing the potty dance and have to make him go. When we were at the beach last month, Jackson went #2 in the potty for the first time. I was getting my bathing suit on and I heard him say "I have to poo poo!". Of course I went running, and he was standing in front of the potty. He truly did have to go and we were SO proud!!! Jason and I did the potty dance for a LONG time! Jackson was so proud of himself. Unfortunately, he did not do it again while we were there. However, the following week after we got home, he started doing it and has not stopped. He now goes pee and poo all by himself and I do not have to tell him to go. As of today, we are 3 weeks with NO accidents! He has woke up from nap wet once, but has been dry every morning.

The down side of this is Jackson tells us to "Go Away" when he is doing #2. We try to give him privacy because who doesn't like privacy, right? However, if you don't make it back in time, Jackson tries to wipe himself. I guess this comes with being poo poo trained at 3.5 years old. It can turn into a disaster! We are trying to teach him to tell us when he is ready for us to come back. It makes clean up a lot easier! :-)

Jackson, we are SUPER proud of you buddy!! We love you!

No comments: