Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Bread





If you know me, you know I love banana bread. I love to try different recipes and I have yet to find a bad one. I came across this recipe from Pam over at For the Love of Cooking. If you are a reader of my blog, you know I love her recipes! Pam used Oatmeal and whole wheat flour(as well as white) in this recipe and I thought I would give it a shot since it is a little bit healthier! :-) I will say it isn't my favorite banana bread recipe, but it was very tasty, especially with butter! Ok, so I didn't make it that much healthier. My kids LOVED it(without butter) and I will certainly be making it again. This is a great recipe to sneak in more fiber! Jackson actually ate 2 pieces at once and asked for more.

Banana Oatmeal Bread



Ingredients:

1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/3 cup of white sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cups quick cooking oats
2 small, very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup of low fat buttermilk
1/4 cup of canola oil
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
Last, but not least, TWO cute kiddos! :-)



Directions:

First: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.

Second: Have your two cute kiddos combine all the dry ingredients together and and help them mix together. While one kiddo is mixing the dry ingredients, have the other help you mix the banana, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs together. Mix thoroughly. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined. Now, pour the batter into the loaf pan.


Lastly, bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool for a few more minutes on a cooling rack. Hope you Enjoy!



No comments: