It started yesterday. I had Tyler and Ashley. Jackson seem to be fine and had a great time with them. About 11:00, I checked his temperature and he had a low grade fever. I gave him some tylenol. About 2:00, he seem to feel warmer to me than earlier in the day. His temp was 100.9. I gave him some more tylenol. About 45 minutes later, Jackson was not acting like himslef. He never sits still and he was sitting on the couch content as could be. I was a little worried it may be his ears. He still felt warm and when I check his temperature, it was 101. I called the peditrician because I thought the tylenol should have brought the little bit of fever down. They had me bring him in because of his history of ear infections. Amanda had just arrived to pick up Tyler and Ashley and off to the doctor we went. Jackson's peditrician is off on Tuesday's, so we saw another doctor. He seem to think it was just teething becuase his ears looked good, no problems with the lungs, and strep test was negative. I got Jackson home and his temperature had gone up to 102.8. After dinner, he felt warmer and his temp had gone up to 103. I called the peditricains office and they told me to alternate motrin and tylenol and follow up in the am. We talked to the peditricians office this morning and his temperature was 102.2. They told me to continue to watch the fever and alternate with motrin and tylenol. All day his temperature ranged from 102.2 to 103. I was told to also give him a tepid bath if I could not get the temperature to go down. I did just that and he still had a temperature of 103. I was getting VERY worried! Why could I not control his fever? I called the peditricians office and was on hold for 45 minutes. I was not a happy camper. I finally packed Jackson up and started on the way to the doctor while I was waiting for them to take my call. Jackson at this point was really not acting like himself, he was on fire, and looked like he had not slept in days. Finally after being on hold for 45 minutes, I was told that the concern was that we could not bring the temperature down and possiblity of febril seizures. Then I was told I would have to wait to be seen tomorrow because it was close to 5:00 or go to urgent care. I was livid! I was on hold for 45 minutes and I was 10 minutes away from the office when they finally took my call. I was on my way home and Jackson was due for another round of motrin. I stopped by CVS to get some more medicine and gave him his due dose. When I arrived home, I took his temperature again and it had gone up to 103.9. At this point, I am just beside myself. I was scared to death! I put him in the car and went to the Urgent Care. We waited for an hour and they said it would be another 2 hours before I would be seen. B this time, Jackson's temperature had gone back down to 102.2. I was so disgusted with all the sickness in the urgent care. I waited outside and after being told it would be another 2 hours, I decided to bring Jackson back home and watch it. I put him in bed at 8:00 and his fever is slowly coming down. I will call the Peditrician tomorrow morning and have him checked if this persist through the night and morning. The Peditricians office told me today that everything is typical of a virus. I did not realize a fever could get that high with a virus. My poor baby. I am so worried about him. Does anyone know if there is aything going around?
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment