Monday, July 21, 2008

It's a Girl!

We are having a Girl!!! Happy Birthday to me!! What a wonderful gift to receive for my birthday. We are so excited! We were not sure if Jason would be able to produce a girl or not. His brothers seemed to carry those genes, so we were very shocked to find out today Jackson will have a little sister. We were on our way to the appointment and we asked Jackson if he was going to have a baby brother or a baby sister. He immediately yelled out sister. He was persistent as we kept asking him. He kept saying sister, sister, sister. Jason and I looked at each other and thought that it would be funny if he was right. Jackson knew before his Mommy and Daddy.

Baby Girl Starnes looked great! Everything measured wonderful. At first, she was not cooperating, so the nurse said she would look at all her measurements first. Here are the stats from our visit. She is weighing at 11oz. The heartbeat was 152. I am 19 weeks and 4 days and the baby was measuring 19 weeks 2 days, so she is right where she should be. When the nurse was done with the measurements, Baby Girl Starnes let us see what we were getting. I saw the hot dog buns before the nurse pointed it out. I got so excited and said "Ooo". As soon as she pointed, she asked me if I had any ideas and I said "It's a Girl" and she said it is!!!! Jason and I both let out a little scream and teared up. We are so excited!!!! We do not have a name picked out yet. We were unsure what we were having, so we decided to wait until we found out to talk about names. I was 99% sure with Jackson, but this little girl had me fooled. We will update you with a name when we come to that conclusion.

Here are some pictures of our sweet little girl! The first one is the obvious. :-) It's a Girl!!

Here are those sweet little feet that are constantly tapping on my bladder. She was actually doing it while we were doing the ultrasound. She keeps me running to the bathroom. Here is our sweet baby girls profile

3 comments:

Mary Catherine said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys!! :) :) :) :)

I'll call you tomorrow to set up a time to get together if I don't see you at the library.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! I am soo happy for y'all :) I know you all are thrilled! That was so neat how Jackson kept saying "sister"! Too cute :) I am glad you had a wonderful birthday and trip! That was really sweet of Jason to take you to Nashville :) Love y'all!! We need to get together sometime :) Happy Belated Birthday!!

Ariail said...

That is great. I know y'all are happy to have one of each.