Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Garden

Jason has decided that he wants to start gardening. So, we had a fun filled family day(to start off with) on Sunday planting a little garden. It was SOOO hot! Jason nor I know anything about gardening, so we shall see how it goes. However, Jason did do alot of research. The funny part is he expects me to keep up with it and keep it watered. He really does not want this garden thing to last putting me in charge. J/K It will be interesting to see how well it does or doesn't do. Jackson was a big help. :-) He started off in the pool in just his swimmer. It was so hot outside, I did not bother putting his swim trunks on. He played for a while until he realized Daddy was hard at work with something. He just had to see what Daddy was up to.

Jackson wanted to see what Daddy was doing with the hammer. Of course, as soon as Daddy put down the hammer, Jackson had to try and hammer a nail as well. Jackson also thought he needed to smooth out the gardening soil, just like Daddy. Little Man had a hard time holding up that rake. I wonder why? :-)
I did not realize I did not get a great picture of the finish product, but here is an idea for you. Notice how hot Jackson looks. He drank SOOO much water on Sunday.
This is why I say we had a fun filled family day to start with. My poor baby got ate up by ants. He stepped up on our patio and the ants covered him. I'm still not sure where they came from because there was no ant pile. They just seem to be along the brick wall of our patio. It breaks my heart every time I look at his feet. It just hurts to look at them. He has been a very good sport about it. They seem to only bother him the first night. He was up until 10:00 crying in pain. He had these blisters all over him the next morning. I have kept benadryl spray on them, and it has obviously helped. I have not seen him scratch at them at all yesterday or today.
My poor baby :-(

No comments: