Monday, July 21, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

I am giving my husband the "Husband of the year" award. Jason surprised me with a trip to Nashville for my 30th birthday. We had the best time!!! Jason told me on Tuesday that we were leaving on Thursday, but he would not tell me where were going. I have to give his mom the credit for finding out on Tuesday rather than Thursday. He did not plan on telling me until Thursday that we were going out of town. That is a mans thinking for you. :-) His mom told him that he needed to go ahead and tell me so I could plan. I packed our bags and had no clue where we were going. He made plans for Jackson and everything. I was not sure I would be able to leave Jackson for 3 days. It was hard, but we had the best time. We owe a big Thanks to mine and Jason's parents for keeping Jackson for us to go on the trip. We stopped in Asheville for dinner and that's when Jason told me we were heading to Nashville. I was so excited!!!
Jason and I used to watch the Bluebird Cafe on TV when it came on. We have always said what fun it would be to actually go to Nashville to be there live. It was AWESOME!! It is four songwriters that sit in a circle and tell stories of their songs and perform them. They are very entertaining too. Here we are in front of the bluebird cafe. We thought it would be this big nice place. However, we were confused to find it to be a hole in the wall. :-) You would never know it from watching it on TV.

We also went to the Grand Ole Opry while we were there. That was another great experience. We were able to see Josh Turner, Steve Warner, Mel Tills, Doug Stone and some others.
Those are the two events that Jason had planned for us. We decided to see some other stuff while we were there. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Number Two attraction(Grand Ole Opry was Number 1), which was the Parthenon. We could not figure out why that would be number 2. We joked about why they would build a monument like that in Nashville, but then we figure it out. It's because there's nothing else to do in Nashville and they needed something for people to do in the day time. :-) Nashville is all about shows and nightlife.

Standing in front of the Parthenon
Thank you Jason for making my 30th a special birthday! I love you bunches!

No comments: