Sunday, November 1, 2009

The SC State Fair

This year was one of the best years I have ever had at the fair. We had a great time together as a family! I love being a Mommy and watching my little ones enjoy themselves. Jason and I love to go to the fair to eat, but this year Jackson put lots of smiles on our faces watching him enjoy it. The weather was absolutely perfect! I packed jackets, hats, and mittens and ended up not needing any of that.

Jackson's wanted to ride the swing first. He loved it and I have to admit I had fun on it too. :-) I felt like a little kid going to the fair for the first time with him.

Savannah was such a good sport while her brother rode rides.
Jackson LOVED the race car. I could hear him giggling and I wasn't even on it with him. This was Jackson's second ride and waiting his turn was not what he wanted to hear. He caught on after about the 4th ride, but before that he wasn't happy about having to "wait his turn". This was Jackson's second year riding rides at the fair. Last year, the train was one of the few rides he could ride. Again this year, he loved it just as much as last year. I'm sure the fact that he is obsessed with trains has nothing to do with it. :-) This is Jackson last year. He was just 20 months old. I feel like it was yesterday. He is growing up way too fast!

Savannah enjoyed her first taste of a corn dog! She loved it and did not want to give it up after we let her taste it. In fact, we had to buy a second one because she ate so much of the first one. She loves her food! Jackson really enjoyed driving the jeep! He was too cute going around waving and smiling at everyone he passed.

Riding the rollercoaster with Mommy. He was so funny trying to tell me when the "hill" was coming. He loved it! And the highlight of his Fair trip...riding a REAL elephant! We decided to take Jackson to see the animals, which he is obsessed with, and of course they had a real elephant to ride. I am still shocked that Jackson wanted to ride. He had no hesitation! I did not hesitate to ride with him, until I was actually on it. As we started to walk the cirlce, the elephant's HUGE ears flopped on top of my feet. It scared me to death! I was not expecting that at all! It felt like a brick landed on my feet. Jackson loved riding the elephant and wanted to ride the camel afterwards. I told him we would do that next year. :-) This was one of my favorites...We rode the Ferris wheel as a family! It was so much fun!
Jackson and Daddy on the Ferris Wheel Mommy and Savannah on the Ferris wheel..Do you think she liked it? :-) They were worn out from a fun filled family afternoon at the fair! This will be something I look forward to every year with Jackson and Savannah. It will be so much fun next year when Jackson and Savannah can ride together. It made me sad watching Jackson ride some of the rides by himself that Jason or I were not able to ride with him. However, it did not phase Jackson one bit. He enjoyed it all!!

No comments: