Martin Luther King Day proved to be a day of milestones in the Starnes household. It was such a great day!! Jackson and Savannah saved the best for their Daddy who had the day off!!
Jason and I didn't realize how excited we would be the day Jackson actually went pee pee in the potty. We experienced that yesterday and I can't even begin to describe how happy and proud I am of Jackson. He was such a big boy!! I now know how true the statement "Don't push it until he is ready" really is!! I told Jackson that we were not going to wear diapers anymore. It was time for him to start going pee pee in the potty and wear big boy underwear. I have tried this twice this past year with no luck. Jackson wanted nothing to do with the potty and would only pee in the floor no matter how long I made him sit on the potty. Yesterday, proved to be a different story. I'm not sure if it's that it finally clicked or if it was the flash light he wanted that I would not give him until he went potty. Jason, Jackson, and I did the potty dance so many time yesterday. It was the funniest thing ever! We were so excited!! We told Jackson if he continued to pee in the potty, we would take him to the soccer field. He got so excited about that and kept going to the potty over and over. WOW!!! I had no idea that it only took a flash light and a soccer field to do the trick!! Jackson has continued to go in the potty and has only had two accidents on day one. Day two, we were at the park and he even went potty there! He had 3 accidents today, but I still proud!! He has done so well and so far it hasn't been hard at all. I hope this will continue!! Here is our big boy in his big boy underwear!!!
My favorite little man!! I could just eat him up! I am so darn proud of him!!.jpg)
He is so proud of his Thomas undies!!
Savannah was also quite the little show off! For some reason, 3:00pm has been her moment for the past week. She has chosen that time for some reason to practice her walking skills with me, but with me coaching her to walk to me. Well, yesterday daddy was home and she decided she was going to give him a show. With no coaching at all, she started standing up over and over and walking toward either Jason or myself. She would lounge into us and start giggling. I love it!! One thing she has not yet done, was let go and just start walking. Well, she had to show off for her Daddy and did just that. Jason and I got to do the happy dance for her as well! She is so cute and while I am sad that she is going to be a toddler, it is still very exciting to watch her grow! She will truly be keeping up with Jackson now. Boy, will I have my hands full!! I would not have it any other way. I absolutely love the the closeness in age. I don't think we could have planned it any better! What a way for Jackson and Savannah to end Daddy's 3 day weekend!! I will work on getting video of out little walker!!
No comments:
Post a Comment