Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow Fun!!

What a fun, fun time we had in the mountains!!! Jason, Kevin, Jennifer, and I took Haley and Jackson snow tubing last week. It was Jackson's first time playing in the snow and he had a ball!! Jackson totally surprised me at how independent and brave he was. The first time we went down the mountain, Jason, Jackson and I did a little train. We were all in our individual tubes, but Jason and I were interlocked and I had a hold on Jackson's tube. The second time we went up the mountain, we got in line for the wrong slope. We were in line for singles only. This meant Jackson had to go down all by himself!! I said to the guy "Sorry, Jackson, let's go to the other slope". The guy assured me Jackson would be fine. I was a bit nervous, but said ok. Jason went down and then Jackson. After Jackson got to the bottom, it was my turn. The whole time I was going down, I could not believe my son just went down by himself. It was so fast and I was bouncing the whole way down. I got to the bottom of the mountain and Jackson was grinning from ear to ear saying he did it all by himself and wanted to do it again. Well, up the mountain we went again. We got in line for the train this time and not the SINGLE! Jackson did not want anything to do with going down with mommy and daddy. He pitched a fit because I wanted him to do the train with us and he wanted to do it ALL BY HIMSELF!! The rest of the trip, he went all by himself until our last few, which Haley was involved in. He loves his cousin and wanted to do the train with Haley. Jackson is such a big boy and he shows us more and more each day just how big he is getting.


Just before we left....He was so excited! He still thinks when he puts on this hat, he's going to see snow. I hope that we will see snow here before the winter is over! Just arrived and could not wait to get their hands in the snow!


Too cute!! Could not wait for their turn!! What a great trip!!! So blessed with my family and the friendship we have! Looking forward to many more trips together. Think about all the fun it will be when Savannah and Kendall will be old enough for these trips too!! Love you guys so much!!
We were not able to get pictures of us on the actual slope, but here is a link where you can see how much fun we had. Enjoy!

http://www.alleycatphoto.net/moonshine/mdec30/ - Click on the time slot 2-4 and look for images 2579 - 2581 and 2994 - 2997.

Here is a video we got of Jackson going down for the first time by himself. Watch closely! He goes down pretty fast! :-)

No comments: