Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Starnes Christmas!

This year goes in the books for the best Christmas yet! For me, the kids are what makes it so great! The weather could not have been better for us and not only the kids had a fun time outside, all the adults did, too! I love spending time with the family and seeing all the cousins play together. We are certainly blessed with some incredible girls and a very special little boy!

Olivia and Savannah getting some play in before dinner, story, and gifts!

Four of the Six girls

Love these kids!!

Love the Laughter!

Each year we do the Christmas story, and by far this was the best one yet. The kids were all very cooperative and listened well. Aunt Jennifer and Haley reading their part.

Abigail and Savannah reading theirs. Savannah was so cute "reading" her part. She saw Aunt Jennifer and Haley taking turns reading, so she was trying to repeat parts of what Abigail was reading. A great memory!

Grandma and Jackson listening to the story together.

Kathryn, the oldest cousin, with Jackson playing tic tac toe!

As always, it was great watching all the kids open their gifts. Little did we know, this gift that Uncle Kevin and Aunt Jennifer got for Jackson was about to be part of the Starnes Christmas memories.


Oh no!!! How do we get it down, Daddy? (The fun has begun with Jackson's new toy. However, Uncle Kevin made the rocket go so high it got stuck in the tree. Too bad, I did not get a picture of it up there!) Here comes Olivia to the rescue! "You think we can blow it out?!"

OK, That didn't work! I wonder if the blower will blow the ball up there?! Nope, that didn't work, either.
Jason finally got the rocket out the tree after many attempts, but we moved Jackson's new toy and the kids had loads of fun seeing who could make it go higher.


Grandma and Papa with the grandchildren!

Starne's Family #1

Starne's Family #2

Starne's Family #3
We are so blessed and I could not be more thankful for the family we have been blessed with! Looking back at these pictures and thinking about the fun day we had brings tears of joy to my eyes. When I think about the bond these cousins have, I always think about one of my favorite quotes:

''Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends."

Family is so important to me and I can only hope and pray this is the case my sweet babies and their sweet cousins.

No comments: