Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prenatal Visit # 6

I had my last 4 week check today and I picked the wrong day to take Jackson with me. Jackson has never gone to a doctor's appointment with me and he was very protective of his Mommy. He was fine in the waiting room and in the exam room as long as the nurse or doctor was not with me. It started with the nurse taking my blood pressure and weighing me. He got really upset because he thought she was hurting me. Once, she took me to the exam room, he was fine, that is until the doctor came in. She was measuring my belly and listening to the heartbeat and Jackson was hysterical. Of course, this is not typical of Jackson, but he really thought they were hurting me. I totally forgot this was the visit that I would get my Rhogam shot, too. OOUCH!!! That has got to be the worst shot. It hurts so bad!! Needless to say, Jackson was not very happy at all about that. My poor boy! Anyway, I was measuring right on with my 29 weeks and the babies heartbeat was 152. I saw the OB that delivered Jackson today and I asked her what the chances of Savannah coming early were, since Jackson was 4 weeks early. She told me the risk of her being preterm were very high because I have already delivered one preterm baby. She said that they would probably start checking me early because of that. I'm still not sure what that will do because my water broke the night that I had gone in for my 36 week check with Jackson and I was only a fingertip dilated. I may have a November baby and not a December baby. We will see.....I can't believe we are getting so close to meeting sweet Savannah. I start my two week checks now, so my next appointment is scheculed for October 8th. I will keep you posted....

2 comments:

destiny said...

I hope you don't mind all my comments...I'm a commenter (is that even a word...I think I just made that up!) Anyway....that is so sweet that he was so protective of you!

Anonymous said...

November babies are the best :))))