Jackson slept in is big boy bed for the first time last night. I thought I was going to be very sad, but it turned out to be great. Jackson was so excited to be in his big boy bed. At first, I told him it was time to go night night. Of course, he immediately went to the nursery and I picked him and said "Lets sleep in your big boy bed". At first he said "No". I asked him again "Do you want to sleep in you Big Boy choo choo bed?" He said "big bed". He got in his big boy bed and proudly kept saying "big bed....choo choo". It was so cute. I wish Jason was home so we could have got it all on video. I started a new thing with bed time last night. I have always rocked Jackson as I sang him a song and then told him night night before I lay him down. With the change to the new bed, I wanted to start something new, so we read two books before he went down. It worked out great! I was a little nervous about it because reading books before bedtime in the past got him wound up. Good Night Moon seems to be the ticket. :-) I did have to lay down with him for a minute to calm him. That was fine with me. I just did not want it to be an all night thing and me have to lay there until he went to sleep. Jackson really surprised me with how well he did. He called out for me one time after I left the room, but I did not go running(although I wanted to really bad). He spent the night with cousin Haley and Kendall last Saturday and did wonderful for Uncle Kevin and Aunt Jennifer. This was the first time he stayed the night with anyone other than his grandparents, so I was really nervous on how well he would do. He slept in Haley's big girl bed and slept through the night. He woke up at 6:30 and Aunt Jennifer went up and put him back in bed and he slept for another hour and fifteen minutes. Aunt Jennifer, he did better for you than he did for me his first night. He woke up at 11:30 and I had to go tell him night night for him to go back to sleep and again at 5:30. I had to lay down with him a 5:30 and I ended up falling asleep and sleeping until after 8:00 with him. I hope not to have to make this a habit. I was nervous that he would get up in the middle of the night and try to get off the bed. It was pitch black in his room, so I left the bathroom light on and I think this interfered with his sleep. I am leaving the light off tonight, so we will see how he does. I am very proud to say that he also took a nap in his big boy bed today and went down tonight much easier than the night before. YEAH!!!! He is getting to be such a big boy!!
| Getting ready to go night, night. Jackson loves to read! As he got in his "big bed", he said "read, read". |
| Almost ready for night night.. |
| I had to sneak in and get a picture of how he finally fell asleep. :-) |
| Mommy, I think Im ready for night night now. How sweet!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment