Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Unexpected Prenatal Visit # 8 and Pumpkin Patch


Today started off as a normal day. Jackson and I got ready to meet Amanda, Wade, Tyler, and Ashley at the pumpkin patch for pictures and then lunch at the park. Well, on the way to the pumpkin patch, I decided to call my OB to make sure all the pressure I had been having since Friday was okay. They insisted that I come into the office to be checked. I tried to get them to let me just come on Friday for my scheduled visit so I could enjoy the day I had planned with Jackson. They still thought it would be a good idea for me to come in. I met the Wardlaws at the pumpkin Patch and took some pictures of Jackson before my appointment. The Wardlaw's were wonderful and took Jackson for me to go to my appointment. I figured I would go for a quick visit and return to get Jackson. That was not the case at all. I had dilated since my visit last week. The OB that checked me in the office felt that I was 1 - 2 cm dilated. Savannah is still measuring two weeks behind. With my history of preterm delivery and the change from last week, they admitted me to the hospital to monitor for contractions. I was there for 5 hours. For about 1 1/2 hours of that, I was having contractions every 6-7 minutes and they were getting more intense. This finally let up some. I had not dilated any further, so they let me go home. The on call OB felt like I had only dilated a fingertip to 1 cm. I have some medication that I will have to take if the contractions start back up. I will be going back on Friday for the Growth ultrasound and to be checked again. If I have dilated anymore, they will probably put me on bed rest. Please pray for me!! I will go insane if this happens!! They have given me orders to not go on vacation next week. :-( I feel bad because I know Jason was really looking forward to this trip. Thank you Amanda for meeting me at the hospital until Jason could get there and a big thanks to Wade for taking Jackson to Papa!!!

Here are a few pictures of Jackson at the
pumpkin patch.....Jackson had a
great time a the pumpkin batch this year
This was too funny!! He thought he could use
the pumpkins as a chair....well, he tumbled over
this time and thought it was hilarious. I
 laughed at him so much trying to get back up

Jackson loved the little pumpkins.
He called them apples and wanted to
play catch with everyone.

Miss Amanda with Tyler, Jackson, and Ashley

3 comments:

amjackson said...

Awwweee, you will be in my prayers!! Sweet Savannah just can't wait to join us!

Branham Clan said...

WOW girl! This is crazy. I am praying for you always and will have others doing the same. Your babies just want to be outside and not in.

Love ya

Jeffery, RoseAnn, Ariana, and Malorie said...

Stacey, I just read your blog and wanted to let you know that I will say a prayer for you and your little girl. I know it's hard to take it easy when your chasing a little one. Your son is just beautiful and I know your little girl will be as well!!