Well, today's visit brought good news and bad news. The good news is that Savannah looked great!! She is actually measuring at 31 weeks and 3 days. I am 32 weeks and 1 day. This means she is not quite a week behind and that is not uncommon. I can't tell you how relieved I was to see that!! She is weighing at 3lbs 12 oz, which is the 14 th percentile. She looks like she is going to be a good size. The ultrasound tech actually threw in some 3D pictures of her because we had to wait. They were running a little behind. I'm not a big fan of the 3D ultrasounds because I think the babies look like aliens and not babies. By the looks of that ultrasound, it looks like she will have my nose. She had a short pudgy nose. I was so excited to see her again. I hated it had to be under these circumstances, but now that I know she is growing fine, I can be excited! :-)
The bad news is my cervix had thinned. You could see a gap on the ultrasound. It was measuring 2 cm and the most it should be is 5cm. They do not start to panic until it is at 1.5cm. I have .5cm more go. I am still 1cm dilated. Hopefully, I will stay this way. I am officially on bed rest and I am about to go insane!! However, seeing my cervix on the ultrasound really woke me up and I know that I have to do this for my sweet Savannah. I only have to do it for 2 1/2 weeks, but that will seem like an eternity for me. It will be hard with Jackson, but we will get it all figured out. I am sad that I will not be able to take Jackson to the park and other places, but I have to remember it is only 2 1/2 weeks and it is best for Savannah and I both right now. Please keep us in your prayers during this time. Savannah has dropped and gravity is not my friend right now. :-( My next visit is scheduled for Friday. Pray that we make it through another week. She wants me to make it to at least 35 weeks.
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
2 comments:
you put she is measuring 21 weeks and i think you meant 31...:)
Oh....bed rest! I feel for you!! Take care of yourself! Try to enjoy being "waited" on for now!!
You will be in my prayers!!
Post a Comment