Well, what started out to be a awesome New Year turned into a not so good New Year! We had a great time ringing in the New Year with great friends. We are so blessed to always be surrounded by family and good friends. I am looking forward to a awesome 2011 regardless of how our New Years Day ended.
Happy New Year from our family to yours!
New years Eve, we had a slumber party at the Huffstetlers and brought in the New Year with the Barksdales and the Huffstetlers. What fun we had!! Of course the Gamecocks let us down by not bringing home the big win, but I am still proud of the year they had and proud to be a Gamecock! We had good food, good company, good laughs, and lots of fun! The kids had a blast as well. They played, watched movies, popped fireworks, and roasted marshmallows!
Good times with Good Friends!
The kiddos(minus William) bringing in the New Year early! 
We took the kids out to do sparkles and fireworks and they had a blast! Watching their faces and hearing the giggles were priceless!
Caleb helping Ava with her sparkle

Daddy and Jackson
Daddy helping Savannah get her sparkle going...
Silly Girls 
Savannah with her Sparkle! She LOVED them!
This picture is hilarious because Jason was in the road setting up the one firework we had. Jackson saw smoke and wasn't sure what to expect. He literally hides behind Sarah and grabs a handful of her hiney, squeezing with both hands and doesn't let up. Sarah is begging us to help and we are all laughing and taking pictures. He had no clue what he was doing, but wait until I tell him this story in 10 years. :-)
After seeing this..... 
You can see, he was just fine! Look at all those smiles! There were lots of squeals of excitement to go along with. However, you can see Savannah is running back to the house. She didn't want anything to do with it.

After marshmallows, we put the little ones to bed and the older ones watched a movie. Aren't they cute laying on their pillow pets?!

While we had a great start to the New Year, we ended up in the ER with Savannah for wheezing. As many of you know, Savannah was thought to have had a reaction to Albuterol
last year, but not yet confirmed that she is in fact allergic. In the ER Saturday night, she was given xopanex, which is another form of albuterol, and had a possible reaction to that. We were there until midnight so they could watch her after getting the treatment. Savannah had what appeared to be a small rash on her belly and back about a hour after being treated. I'm not so sure that was from the xopanex. She did not have the marks on her prior to the doctor checking her because I kept looking at her skin while we were sitting there. It was not the same as the rash she had in June. She was also covered with welts in her diaper area. That area did look exactly like the welts she had last year. However, I don't want to say that she is allergic until we see the allergist this week. Savannah is known to have a rash or eczema in her diaper area very often. She has never had welts in the area but because they weren't any where else, I want to get confirmation from the allergist about it. I'm probably in denial about it all because I do not want to see her allergic to it considering it is the only treatment for wheezing and asthma. I'm praying we can get answers really soon!
We did see our pediatrician today and we are waiting on the referral to the allergist. She gave Savannah some Pulmicort to quiet the wheezing and she's on oraped(steroid), but says she needs another treatment. However, we have to do that in the allergist office so they can monitor her and treat her if she has another reaction. Needless to say, I am a bit uptight about this, but I know she will be in good hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment