Friday, February 22, 2008

Allergies....Urrrrrr!


I thought I would let Jackson try some scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. He had lots of icing on his birthday, so surely he would be fine to try some scrambled eggs. WRONG!! I noticed that Jackson had a few red blotches on his face. I thought, "Could he be having a reaction to the eggs?"

 About 30 minutes later, the red blotches were getting worse. I gave him some benedyrl, well I grabbed the motrin, and gave him motrin first. I was in such a panic and use to giving him motrin and tylenol that I gave him motrin. The peditrician told me it was ok to give him benadryl on top of the motrin. He was in no pain and not itching.:-)

 It got worse shortly after. It started too whelp up and get REALLY red. I started to notice hives on his face, ears and arms. He was getting so tired but I was afraid to let him go down for a nap until I knew he was ok. I finally let him go to sleep and I have been checking on him every few minutes to make sure he is ok. The red blotches are much better!


No comments: