Monday, February 18, 2008

Jackson's 1 year check up

We took Jackson for his 1 year checkup today. I still can't believe he is a year old. Can somebody wake me up? the appointment went very well. Jackson's statistics are as follows:

Weight: 18lbs 13 oz - 10th percentile
Height: 29 3/4 - 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 19 - 85th pecentile (Yes Erika, I said 85th percentile. You are right, he has a big head. He can't help it. It's for all those brains he has!)

The peditricain was not as concerned about his weight as she was last time. She was happy that he had moved from the 5th to 10th. She still does not want me to give him juice. She says I can't turn his car seat aound until he is 20 pounds. I told her with a onsie, sweater, pants, socks, and shoes....he was 20 pounds and asked her if that counted. :-) She just laughed at me. He is going to love facing forward. He is already getting too long to be facing backwards. I will give it another 2 weeks and I may turn him around then.
She told me that we did a great job getting him down to only a bottle before he goes to bed and a sippy cup during the day. However, she said that we need to let him know that he is a big boy now and get rid of the bottle at bedtime. That makes me sad. I'm not sure if it will be hard for Jackson, but it will defintley be hard for me. He is still my baby!!

No comments: