Jackson had his 18 month check up today. It was not very fun because he got 2 shots and he was not happy. It was interesting to find that because we have American(Cherokee) Indian in our blood that he had to get the Hib Vaccine. There is actually a shortage on that vaccine and they are not giving it to everyone. However, those few that are at a higher risk, which includes American Indian, are the ones getting it during the shortage. I'm not sure why that makes us at higher risk, but it does. Very interesting!! I asked the pediatrician when we could try eggs again and she said not until he was three. She wants to send him to an allergist at three so that we can get an epipen before he tries them because if he has another reaction, it could be worse than the first time. ALLERGIES, URRRRR!!!!! I really hope he outgrows that allergy and we have no problem at three years old. He is still able to eat things with egg in them, just not egg itself. Jackson's 18 month statistics are below:
Weight - 22lbs 13 ozs (10th percentile) That is with a cast on. The cast had to weigh at least a pound. I am thinking he is actually right at 22lbs.
Length - 31 1/4 ( 25th percentile) I don't think that is right. She told me that it is hard to be accurate with their length. Jackson measured at 31 1/2 at 15 months and I certainly don't think he's shrinking. He supposedly went from 60th to 25th percentile in 3 months.
Head - 19 1/2 (90th percentile) They measured his head twice because it had not changed since the last visit. I told the nurse, that could very well be the case, because he has to catch up with his head eventually. :-) That boy has brains!!
Next visit at two years of age, so until he turns two.....
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment