Dear Sweet Jackson,
I can't believe you are already a year and a half. We are on our to planning another birthday in just 6 months. You are certainly the light of Mommy and Daddy's life. We love you so much! You are such a little toddler these days. We are sad to see your baby days are behind us, but very excited to watch you in your toddler years. It has been so much fun to watch you grow from baby to toddler. You amaze us everyday. You are such a smart little boy and you make mommy and daddy so proud!You make us laugh so much! Daddy always says he thinks you will be a class clown. :-)
You are learning so much everyday! You are like sponge. Your vocabulary is so amazing. You get complimented quite often on how well you talk and how many words you know for your age. It makes me so proud. I hope that you continue to want to learn the way you do now. It will pay off for you so much in the long run. You are not too much on the cartoons, but you love your bumblebee educational videos. You love to be challenged and learn. You love to bring Mommy and Daddy books so that YOU can read them to us. It's more like showing off how much you know about each item on the pages. You truly amaze Mommy and Daddy on how much you pick up on everyday.
Bedtime is a favorite of mine. Every night when I tell you it's time to go night night. You run to Daddy like he is going to save you and you will not have to go to bed. You call "Daddy, Daddy" and jump in his lap. You proceed to shake your head no and say "no, no" each time I say let's go night night. It is so hard for Mommy and Daddy not to laugh at you. Once I pick you up and take you to your bedroom and give you your paci for night night, you are truly ready. Mommy rocks you and sings you a song every night before you go down. I love that you sing along(hmm) with me before you go down. You are really good about going down once we are done singing and rocking you. You go right to sleep like a big boy.
You love to eat ,rather it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks. You are truly not a picky eater. You love to eat fruits and vegetables. One of your favorites is dip!!! You love it when Mommy gives you any dip to dip your food it, sometimes a little too much. You would would rather have the dip than the food. You have been a challenge with eating things that require a spoon. You are becoming more and more independent and insist that you feed yourself. There are times that I have to give you a spoon while Mommy is feeding you at the same time, and we alternate which spoon you will take a bite from. This is when Mommy is in a hurry. Otherwise, you make a HUGE mess fedding yourself and mommy is late getting somewhere. I love that you are becoming so independent, but stubbornness comes with that independence.
You have picked up a bad habit and Mommy is trying very hard to break it. When Mommy tells you no or to stop doing something your not supposed to be doing, you stick you tongue out at mommy and make a spitting noice. It's so hard for me to get upset and punish you, but we have got to stop that one now. You have already learned at 18 months how to talk back to mommy. :-(
I'm afraid we are hitting those terrible two's. I know we will get through them and hopefully quick. :-)
You are truly a blessing to Mommy and Daddy. We are so proud to call you our son. I am looking forward to you being a Big Brother. I know you will be a great brother to your sister and big help to mommy. You are such a loving little boy. You are a very special boy and I love you SOOOO much!
Love You,
Mommy
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
1 comment:
Is he really already 18 months!! We enjoyed our outing to the zoo and need to get together again soon. Maybe a picnic to the park...? :)
Post a Comment