Jackson had his first trip to the orthopedist today and I would love to hope for the last. Aunt Ashley and Mr. Jason took Jackson to the bounce house for one of their friends little girls birthday party. Jackson apparently had a little too much fun with Aunt Ashley. We are not sure what happen, but when he got home, he would not walk on his left leg. Jason and I waited until this morning to call the pediatrician because we thought he may have been overly tired from having two late nights and not a long nap before going to the bounce house. However, when I went to get Jackson up this morning, he was just laying there looking at the ceiling. He was not standing up waiting for me. I changed his diaper and he seemed to be himself asking for oatmeal. I put him down to walk to the kitchen and he immediately went down to his bottom and would not walk. Jason and I decided to call the pediatrician and she wanted to see him first thing this morning. He apparently landed on his foot wrong while bouncing yesterday and got a growth plate fracture of the ankle. We went to the orthopedist and they did an xray and as expected you could not see it on the xray. The pediatrician and orthopedist said that because there is so much cartilage surrounding the bones that are not fully developed, you can't tell anything by an xray. Jackson will be in a cast for 10 days and we will go back to have it removed. If he is walking fine, we can leave it off. If he is not doing so well, we will have to put it back on for a few more days. The doctor said that they usually heal fast at his age, so hopefully we will get to take it off next Wednesday. Jackson took a very long nap this afternoon and when he got up, it broke my heart. He kept saying "shoe off". He wanted me to take the cast off.
| My Sweet boy! Aunt Ashley brought him a horsey flashlight while he was sleeping and he loves it! |
.
1 comment:
Jackson, Aunt Ashley is sorry but atleast we had a good time with you. You were such a big boy and so content with everything you did. You loved eating cake with your spoon too. I love you and hopefully you will be out of the cast soon.
Post a Comment