Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last Soccer Game

Jackson had his last soccer game of the season today. I have mixed emotions about it for two reasons. 1)I'm glad the season is over. 2)This will be his last game for at least a year. Jason and I talked about it today and we have decided that we will not be signing him back up for the fall season. We may sign him up for next Spring, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. Savannah will definitely be playing next Spring. She is so ready to play. She wants to be on the field so bad and is actually pretty good when we all play together. Jackson, on the other hand, has realized that it's not just a game, but competition, too! He loves to play soccer, but when it comes to game time, he talks about others being "good" and "fast". I really don't think he like the competitiveness of it at all. It breaks my heart that he already realizes that he's not the best and others are better than he is. This is just the first of many times my heart will break for one of my kids, but it just seems to young for him to realize that already. We may try t-ball in the fall because he does love to hit a ball. Soccer is more of a "team sport", whereas, t-ball is more about "you".



Here are a few of my favorite pictures from his last two games!


He loves throwing the ball in! He's guaranteed to have the ball! :-) Jackson running back so proud to get a high five because he had a good kick!





Sharing the chair on one of his breaks! They have to always be touching each other!!

I love this picture! This is Jackson practicing before the game. He loves to kick a goal!! (Which is why he has a hard time during the actual games.)



This has always been one of Jackson's favorite things about soccer! He looked forward to running through the tunnel!

All Smiles!!! I just love him!!


No comments: