What a beautiful day we had! Kristen and I decided to take advantage of the nice weather today and take the kids to the zoo. We had so much fun! Jackson really enjoyed himself. Last year, it was all about me. Jackson was just along for the stroll. What a diffence 6 months makes! Emma Claire, who is 6 months, did very well too.
Now, for the funny story. Jackson has probably sworn off the gorilla's for future zoo trips. I am still laughing about what happen. We went in to see the gorilla's because they were lying in front of the window. I parked the wagon to the side so that Jackson and Gracie could see the gorilla's face. As we were watching, the gorilla sat up for a few minutes. THEN, the gorilla decided to walk past Gracie and right to Jackson's face and stare at him. Literally, the gorilla was in front of Jackson staring him straight in the eyes. Jackson was coming out of the wagon. He grabbed a hold of me and was not letting go. I wanted so badly to get a picture of this, BUT Jackson was not letting go. As soon as I got a chance to get the pictures, the gorilla started to walk away. You can get an idea of what it was like from the picture. My poor boy was so scared. I feel bad laughing, but it was so funny. I would have loved to have had my video camera with me for this one.
The Gorilla is not Jackson's friend! You can see the concern in Gracie's face. She loves her baby Jackson.
Jackson and Gracie ended the visit to the zoo with a carousel ride. This was Jackson's first ride and as you all expect, he was all about some "Ooooo's". Jackson really liked the carousel.
No comments:
Post a Comment