Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two Week Update

I am so proud of my sweet boy! It is amazing to watch him grow and develop. He has reached so many milestones these past two weeks. He is making Mommy and Daddy so proud. I love this stage. I am cherishing every moment!! I know he will move on to the next stage so fast. Being a Mommy is by far the best and most rewarding job I have ever had. He has picked up on so many things. It's just amazing to me. I am seeing a little boy and not so much baby anymore. It makes me sad, but I do LOVE this stage.

Jason was home sick with the flu last week. Although, he was sick, he was happy to be home to see Jackson doing so many new things. Jackson has been waving bye for several weeks, but last week he took it to a new level. He waves bye bye the correct way, not to himself, and actually says bye when he does it. This is my favorite thing he does right now. I will have to get it on video for you. I love hearing him say "Bye". It's the sweetest little voice ever!

Jackson has learned a few different sign languages. When he is done eating, he will actually sign all done. We finished lunch last week and I asked him to show Daddy he was all done. Jason said "Jackson, show daddy how smart you are. Are you all done?" Jackson was quick to show him he was. Jason just melted and said he is getting so smart. He has known the sign for all done for a while, but was not consistent with it until last week. He knows the sign for more, but doesn't use that one consistently. He also knows the sign to bubbles. Jackson loves bubbles and thinks it's the funniest thing to sign. He actually tries to say bubbles. He heard Griffin and I talking about bubbles over the weekend and he started signing it. I told you he was a smart boy. :-)

Jackson loves looking through books. He has a few animal books and one of them has ducks in it. I asked him last week to show Mommy the ducks. He flipped through the book and found the ducks and said "duc". It was so cute! I had him show Jason too. Jason and I said YAY and Jackson clapped his hands and laughed.

Jackson made me so proud today when we met Kristen, Gracie, and Emma Claire for lunch after the Little Gym. I put Jackson in his car seat after lunch and Mrs. Kristen opened the door to tell him bye. Jackson is looking forward and says "Ooooo" "dog". Kristen and I looked up and sure enough it was a dog. I could not believe it. Jackson has heard me say dog many times. One of our neighbors have a dog and we hear him barking often. I always say "Jackson, do you hear the dog". Jackson gets excited and says "dog" and crawls to our bedroom window. He also sees my parents dog very often, but has not associated or said dog when he has seen them. He has associated "dog" with a bark for about 3 weeks now, but today was the first time he saw a dog and said dog. I am so proud!

Lastly, Jackson loves to be outside. All I have to say is "Jackson, do you want to go outside?" Jackson will say "side" and off to the door he goes. The front door was open yesterday and usually when the door is open, Jackson goes to the front door and sits there. Not yesterday! He decided he wanted to go outside. He crawled out on the porch and around to the side. He has never done that. We met some friends at the park this afternoon and Jackson had a ball. The last time he went, we swung and went down the slide. That was about it. Today, Jackson crawled up the steps to the top of the play set and through the tunnel. He played in the sand alot and loved playing with the sticks. He is all boy! It was so much fun watching him. Jackson tried to do everything the bigger kids were doing too. I had to pull him away several times because I was afraid he would get hurt. He really thinks he is a big boy too.

No comments: