Jackson is growing so much and getting smarter and smarter everyday. Jackson has had so many accomplishments this past week. I wish I had video or pictures to show you each of them, but I can't be prepared for thise special moments all the time. :-)
Jackson has really started enjoying his walk and ride toy. For about two weeks now, he has been able to walk behind it across the room. I have been so nervous with him learning to do this on the hardwoods with fear that it will slip from under him and he would bust his little hiney. This past week, Jackson has learned to pull up on it himself and walk back and forth across the room. I have tried on several occasions to get this on video, but he gets more interested in the video camera when I get it out. I will work on trying to get that video.
Jackson has also come to enjoy brushing his teeth. I have brushed Jackson's teeth with a washcloth for so long because he refused to let me brush them. I have given Jackson his toothbrush everytime I brush my teeth for a while now. He would only play with it, not use it. For a week now, he has come to love to brush his teeth. In fact, if he sees me brushing my teeth and he does not have his, he gets very upset. I went to check on him today in the living room as I was brushing my teeth and he saw me. He started coming after me with a BIG grin on his face and cried when I turned around. He did not realize that I was going to get his toothbrush. When I gave him his toothbrush, you would have thought I gave him the best piece of candy ever. It is so cute. He will sit there and brush his teeth alot longer than I do.
Today, Jackson really suprised Mommy and Daddy with a couple things. I was cleaning the kitchen tonight while Jason and Jackson were playing ball. Jackson is getting so good at throwing the ball. Jason bounced the ball on the couch and Jackson pulled up on the couch to get the ball and threw it back to Daddy. A few minutes later, Jackson cralwed over to the couch with the ball and threw it on the couch. He pulled himself up to grab the ball and throw it back to Daddy. We could not believe he put that together. He knew Daddy threw the ball up on the couch and figured out how to do it himself. Then, we went to take a bath and Jackson pulled all his toys down in the tub. When he was done playing, he started putting the toys back up. I could not believe it. He had not done that before. I called Jason back to see and we were so proud. He is getting so smart.
I know these are just small things, but it makes me feel so good to see my son accomplish such big things to him. He has reall y gained confidence in getting up and down by himself and he is having so much fun with it.
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment