Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Poor Baby

A word of advice....Always listen to YOUR mom's becasue they know what they are talking about. Last Wednesday, Jackson had a change in his stools. I did not think anything of it. I blamed it on his teeth considering we were just at the peditricians office to find out his molars were coming in. His stools have been a pasty white/tan color for a week. My mom kept Jackson Saturday night and told me Sunday that I should call the peditrician because that was just not normal. She felt like there was a infection or some sort of disruption with his intestinal tract. I knew it wasn't normal, but really thought it was teething. I just do not want to be the hyochondriac mom who calls about everything. Today makes a week, so I decided to go ahead and call the peditrican to put my mom and I both a ease. I took in a diaper of stool and found out that he had blood in it. I was in shock! I felt so bad for not calling them sooner. You could not actually see blood, they found it through doing a test. As of right now, we do not know what the reason is. They are sending a culture off and should have the results back on Saturday. I should hear something Friday or Monday. The peditrician feels that it is an infection, but is taking Jackson off dairy products until we know for sure. She said that if it is not an infection, it could very well be the dairy products. I really hope this is not the case. It would make it so hard for my sweet little boy.

No comments: